La Quinta by Wyndham is now seeking a General Manager to join our team at the La Quinta by Wyndham Redding location in Redding, California.Job Summary
This position is responsible for managing daily hotel operations to achieve planned goals for revenue and profit (i.e., IOC) while maintaining standards for guest satisfaction, employee satisfaction, quality assurance, and asset protection; provide leadership, training, direction and support to hotel employees; maintain a high quality product.Education & ExperienceMINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or Business is a plus. Equivalent experience is acceptable.
- 2 - 5 years as General Manager or other hotel management role.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods at a time.
- May be required to do light lifting or carrying.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment and in stressful situations.
- Must respond to multiple task interruptions and still provide service to internal and external customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- May be required to walk and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be flexible in work hours/days.
- Must be able to travel.
- Requires good vision.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a personal vehicle.
- Must be available to work extended hours, nights and weekends.
Fundamental RequirementsRevenue Management
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing and spreadsheets. Word, Excel, Power Point and Access.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have good analytical skills and decision-making ability.
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task, prioritizing as appropriate.
- Obtain any locally required certifications.
- Provide the Revenue Management Department with information that includes a market analysis of competitors' rates by market segment for weekday and weekend and a forecast of local market conditions and special events that may impact occupancy and/or rate.
- Support sales efforts as directed by the Regional Vice President and the corporate sales organization.
- Train front desk staff to successfully perform selling techniques and procedures for current promotions.
- Provide input to the annual budget by forecasting changes in operating expenses and labor cost.
- Use business forecasts to manage costs by scheduling labor in accordance with staffing guidelines, control other expenses in accordance with business demand levels and control utility expenses in accordance with energy management and building operations standards.
- Based on forecasted monthly revenue, adjust controllable expenses to maintain profit margins and achieve planned monthly IOC; explain the causes for budget variances of controllable expenses and take corrective action to avoid future occurrences and adjust spending to eliminate variances.
- Execute company policies and procedures for purchasing.
- Train staff to successfully perform guest service procedures in accordance with company standards (e.g., greeting, scripts, pre-assignment of rooms, etc.).
- Train staff to successfully perform all functions for guest service and for handling upset guest who are dissatisfied with the products and services they received. Personally handle difficult situations involving upset guests. Attempt to resolve all issues of poor guest service before guests leave the property.
- Personally respond to guest complaint letters, Guest Assistance Contact Forms, and comment cards in accordance with company standards.
- Receive satisfactory scores for Medallia (i.e., guest satisfaction survey) and take action to correct any deficiencies.
- Recruit, select, train and manage employees to deliver guest services and quality products that will lead to achieving goals for revenue and profit.
- Properly administer company policies and procedures for human resources management, payroll administration, personnel transactions and fair treatment of employees. Conduct wage surveys to provide input to annual budget and to ensure that the hotel is offering competitive wages.
- Train and develop assigned potential management candidates and trainees in accordance with Human Resources programs and guidelines.
- Provide leadership by conducting business in a professional manner and in accordance with all company policies including standards of conduct, business ethics and conflicts of interest.
- Receive satisfactory scores for employee satisfaction surveys and take corrective action to correct any deficiencies; maintain an acceptable level of employee turnover.
- Ensure a satisfactory guest experience and protect the company's physical assets by maintaining the physical condition of the hotel in accordance with established quality control standards.
- Manage the preventative maintenance and quick-fix programs in accordance with company standards.
- Receive satisfactory scores for product quality as measured by Medallia and the mystery shopper program and take action to correct any deficiencies.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Job Location:
La Quinta by Wyndham Redding, 2180 Hilltop Drive, Redding, California 96002
Employment Status: Full-time