Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada's largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media) andamusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada's favourite destination for 'Eats & Entertainment' (The Rec Room). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country's Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States.To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Are you passionate about movies? Do you enjoy interacting with others? Are you looking for an opportunity for tremendous career growth? Join the Cineplex team and IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES™.
Land your starring role as theGeneral Managerof ourCineplex Cinemas Sherwood Park, 2020 Sherwood Dr., Sherwood Park, AB T8A 3H9.
The Cineplex team is very exciting, fun, interactive, and passionate about providing each and every guest with an exceptional entertainment experience.We are seeking a highly motivated professional, skilled Leader for this location.If you think you have what it takes to be part of this team, this is your chance, don't wait APPLY TODAY.
As the General Manager of the this location you will be accountable for the effective operation of the complex, ensuring company objectives, policies and procedures are implemented and administered in support of the Cineplex Entertainment Mission Statement "Passionately Delivering an Exceptional Entertainment Experience" and all Key Result Areas.The General Manager will also function as a liaison with the Home Office and various departments as well as outside vendors and clients.
Cineplex offers excellent opportunities for growth, this position can often lead to a more senior roles (i.e.: Area General Manager, Director, Operations, etc.)
QualificationsWhat you need to become a successful member of this Team?
- A minimum of 4 years' experienceas a manager in the restaurant or service industry with proven experiencein staff supervision and field operations.
- A university degree or collegediploma.
- Demonstrate strong communication (oral & written), organization, management and leadership skills tolead a theatre team in a positive environment;
- Demonstrates strong financialacumen;
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Execution of innovative andcreative sales and food service activities;
- Strong computer aptitude;
- Demonstrate a full understanding of provincial Health & Safety regulations;
- Work effectively in a fast-pacedenvironment;
- Ability to prioritize and managemultiple activities, attend to employees development while continuing tomeet financial targets and reporting responsibilities;
- A flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
Interested applicants, please apply today.While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.No Agency Calls Please