The Paramount Hotel Seattle is looking for a dynamic, talented, and mature Front Office Manager to join our Family!
Be a part of a larger picture - The Paramount Hotel Seattle has been a desired hotel in the heart of the thriving Seattle Central Business District for over twenty years. We pride ourselves on being one of the top hotels in downtown Seattle – offering personalized service to our guests and philanthropic services to our community organizations. Together, we strive to create a culture that is based on integrity, respect, quality and focused on producing the best experience for everyone who walks through our doors.
What it means to be Paramount family - Whether a guest arrives early in the morning or late at night from their travels, you know how to make them feel at ease with your compassion and empathy. They will fall in love with our comfortable lobby, your kind face and your willingness to create an experience tailored to their needs.
- Must have excellent communication, phone, and hospitality skills.
- Strong ability to solve problems and situations using available resources and critical thinking.
- Flexibility is necessary for this position including the ability to be on-call, work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Prior hotel experience is required.
- Prior relevant supervisory or management experience required.
- Knowledge of OPERA is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining a high level of professional attitude, behavior, and ethics.
- Presenting a professional appearance by dressing in proper uniform.
- Hire, train, develop, and schedule all front office employees.
- Assist with sick-calls or tardiness by finding and providing adequate coverage for all shifts.
- Conduct employee and department performance reviews to provide positive recognition and corrective action as necessary.
- Define and implement front office objectives and procedures.
- Anticipate and execute guest requests & ensure satisfactory experiences within hotel standards.
- Utilize guest reviews and feedback to identify and impact areas of opportunity.
- Maintain working relationships and communication with all departments.
- Oversee PM housekeeping team for room status and guest needs.
- Control inventory and house status to maximize revenue.
- Execute accurate billing practices to support the accounting department.
- Maintain corporate and group relationships by communicating and executing sales office directives.
- Identify and determine severity of guests' engineering needs to assist or obtain support as needed.
- Check guests in/out and assist with bellman & valet duties.
- Performing other duties as requested.
Do you have the qualities to be a standout team member with a leading organization in the hospitality industry? Please be sure to indicate your interest and availability in your reply!