Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Greets and assists with guest arrivals and departures by handling guest check-ins and check-outs while providing prompt and courteous service, including receiving telephone calls, guest requests, guest reservations, fax and ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Ensures complete guest satisfaction.
- Check-in and check-out of the guest.
- Complete guest registration process.
- Must be familiar with computer systems for guest reservation information.
- Must verify and imprint guest credit cards for authorization.
- Must be well versed in cash handling and accurately balance house bank.
- Assigns guests rooms based on preferences and availability.
- Drives the Revenue Management process.
- Handling guest concerns in a tactful manner and achieving resolution.
- Answers questions in regards to the hotels facilities and services.
- Answering telephones and booking reservations.
- Answering Guest inquiries i.e. directions.
- Recommending local area restaurants, points of interest, or needs for transportation.
- Handling guest needs.
- Maintaining cleanliness of front desk, lobby and back office.
- Following up with Guest check-ins, complaints, and other requests.
- Interacting with other departments and employees to ensure a good working relationship or for guest needs.
- Understands all Emergency procedures for incidents, accidents, fire, safety, or criminal activity.
- Participates on the hotel Safety Committee.
- Ensures that Quality Standards and Service are maintained for Property, Product, and People.
- Must be able to work all shifts or varying schedules to support business needs.
- Ensures Security for the hotel’s customers, employees, and property assets.
- Supports established policies and procedures for WinStar World Hotel and the hotel’s brand.
- Responsible for performing “other duties” as assigned by management.
- Hospitality Experience preferred.
- Excellent written & verbal communication.
- Must speak, read and write English.
- Must understand and maintain confidentiality in all circumstances.
- Strong analytical, problem solving & organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask in fast paced demanding environment.
- Computer skills required.
- Must be able to understand all operating departments including rooms, front office, housekeeping, engineering, accounting, sales, food and beverage for limited service hotel operations.
- Must have considerable knowledge of computer systems for guest registration, reservations, reporting and etc.
- Must have above average financial comprehension to understand and interpret numbers as they apply to operations in hotels.
- Must have the ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, and resolve conflicts.
- Must be well groomed in uniform or business attire.
- Must be trained in CPR Certification and/or First Aid Training preferred.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to lift and carry upwards to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment, including 10 key adding machines, personal computers, fax machines, and photo copiers.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Operate in mentally and physically stressful situations.
- Respond to visual and aural cues
- Work in cold & hot temperatures
- Possibly be exposed to second hand smoke
Full-time employees are eligible to participate in the company medical, dental, vision, Life and 401K plans. Paid vacation and personal time off.