Front Desk Agent
Shoreham Hotel New York City
New York, NY
The Front Desk Agent accommodates guests of Hotel while displaying the highest standards of quality guest service.
Front Desk Agent Duties & Responsibilities
- The Front Desk Agent greets, registers and assigns rooms to guests.
- Daily checks the front desk log for problems, special requests, etc.
- Issues room keys and escort instructions to the Bell Staff.
- Works closely with the reservations department to ensure arrival dates on reservations are correct.
- The Front Desk Agent makes and confirms reservations.
- Keeps record of room availability and guests accounts.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions. Explains in-room and hotel features.
- The Front Desk Agent posts charges such as room, food, liquor, or telephone to ledger.
- Completes daily required shift checklists.
- Communicates all information to the following shift to ensure a smooth transition.
Front Desk Agent Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, Front Desk Agent candidates must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED required; Some College preferred. One to three months related experience, preferably in the Hotel industry. Must possess strong organizational skills and be detailed oriented.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Front Desk Agent candidates must have the ability to speak effectively with customers.
- Computer literacy is a must.
- Front Desk Agent candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
Qualified Front Desk Agent candidates are invited to apply today!