Front Desk Agent - GEM
Reports directly to the Senior Guest Service Manager. The Guest Experience Manager is responsible for providing high-quality customer service to all guests while handling the front desks' responsibilities and other duties as requested by the Senior Guest Service Manager. This position is Full time and flexible.
- Provides optimal guest satisfaction by offering professional and efficient service through guest interaction.
- Responsible for all aspects of operating the front desk.
- Handles guest requests in a timely manner
- Handles all phone calls to the front desk in a professional and courteous manner
- Greet all arriving guests with a warm and sincere welcome
- Communicates guest needs to appropriate departments to ensure guest satisfaction
- Interacts directly with guests on all front desk issues i.e. reservation, billing inquiries, concierge duties, etc.
- Handles and responds to all guest complaints received at the front desk communicating to the FOM as needed
- Assists co-workers and works as a team to create a positive environment for guests and staff
- Monitors arrangements for all V.I.P., Special Attention and Long Stay guests
- Makes appropriate decisions, analyze situations and react accordingly when the hotel operation is affected
- Remains calm and authoritative in fire & safety issues.
- Proficient in the use of SMS and other equipment including kiosks; able to analyze and resolve problems with PMS and/or interfaces in a timely manner; knowledgeable of procedures related to the front desk operation
- Provides Concierge Service for guests and remain knowledgeable and updated on local events, services etc.
- Attends departmental meetings and/or events for the front desk and hotel as requested by the FOM
- Responsible for cash drawer assigned amount and cash handling
- Supervises Guest Service Representatives duties for guest requests
- Balances room inventory for arrivals daily to maximize room revenue as per policy
- Responsible for appropriate revenue collection from all guests by ensuring they receive a bill for services provided, all credit cards on file are valid, credit is not extended beyond the appropriate levels, etc.
- Provides reservation services when required
- Perform any other duties as requested by the FOM or Hotel Manager
- Perform night audit shift as needed.
Job RequirementsFlexible Schedule. Must be Customer Service oriented. Must be able to work AM, PM, overnight shifts, holidays and weekends.