In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton. The Sheraton Needham is looking for qualified candidates to join our Front Desk Team! We are seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals with an eye for detail, a guest centric attitude and who enjoy working independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment always prepared to take on something new with only a moment's notice.
The Front Desk Agent is responsible for performing a variety of customer service focused duties to facilitate a positive experience for our guests. Included in the Front Desk Agent's responsibilities are: checking-in and checking-out procedures, providing assistance to guests by answering questions and offering recommendations. Meeting and exceeding guests expectations by problem solving any unexpected travel changes. The Front Desk Agent's are a liaison between the guest and the hotel.
· Register and assign rooms to guests.
· Issue room key and escort instructions to Guest Service Agent or directly to guest.
· Sort, and track incoming mail and messages.
· Transmit and receive messages using all communication avenues.
· Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
· Keep record of room availability and rate.
· Compute bill, collect payment, and make change for guests.
· Make, confirm, and cancel reservations via all communication avenues.
· Post charges such as room, food, liquor, or telephone to guest bill if interface is inoperable.
· Make reservation, transportation, or entertainment reservations for guest.
· Deposit guest valuables in hotel safe deposit box.
· Ability to accurately use various office software.
Have a full working knowledge and expertise of each shift including night audit
· Must have a comprehensive knowledge of the English language to effectively communicate with guests, associates, and vendors.
· Ability to accurately report information.
· Ability to assist with various office tasks as needed.
· Ability to scrupulously follow all StepStone and hotel policies and procedures.
Attend required meetings.
· Projects and assignments are completed thoroughly, professionally, and with care.
· Adjusts to high-pressure conditions and is open to change.
· Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development.
Conducts him\herself (acts and dresses) professionally at all times; sets standards for all associates.
· Understands and communicates the StepStone Mission and core values
· Expresses ideas and conveys information clearly, effectively, and professionally.
· Actively listens to others.
· Conveys company information, decision, or problems to appropriate parties on a timely basis.
Works to resolve disagreements and is respectful of peers and co-workers.
These are required of every associate.
· Minimum lifting of 20 pounds.
· Pushing, bending, stooping, upward reaching, manual dexterity.
· Hearing, writing, typing.
· Minimum pulling of 20 pounds.
Other duties may be assigned.
Additional responsibilities specific to you are:
· Must have a comprehensive knowledge of all hotel departments and functions.
· Must have good mathematical and computer skills.
· High school education required. Relevant training and experience and additional education preferred.
· CPR and first aid training preferred.
Additional language ability preferred.
Medical (full time)
Dental (full time)
Vision (full time)
401(k) (full time)
Paid Time Off (full time)
Life insurance (full time)
Sheraton/Marriott discount travel program
EOE/M/F/D/V – Drug Free Workplace
|Address||100 Cabot Street, Needham, MA, 02494 View map|