Front Desk Agent
The Spectator Hotel, Charleston, SC
CAREER OPPORTUNITY IN LUXURY BOUTIQUE HOTEL AVAILABLE!
Front Desk Agent Position Summary:
The Front Desk Agent is responsible for providing quality guest services that include registration and check-out, PBX operations, mail and message service. The Front Office Clerk must be accurate with daily accounting procedures.
The essential hospitality standards must be used at all times: eye contact, smile, speak first, engage in polite conversation, use the guest surname!
Front Desk Agent responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The Front Desk Agent will provide high level of customer service
- Conduct pre-assignment of hotel rooms, which includes VIPS, repeat guests, all packages, and any special requests.
- Check in and out hotel guests in a confident, professional and friendly manner.
- Answer all phone calls promptly and knowledgeably, always ensuring complete and accurate information.
- Complete all items on appropriate (AM, PM, Third Shift) checklist by end of shift.
- Follow established key control policy.
- The Front Desk Agent ensures that yourself as a front desk employee are well presented (uniforms, personal hygiene etc.
- Ensure proper credit policies are followed and verify credit limit report.
- Submit all lost & found articles accompanied by a completed lost & found report.
- Knowledgeable of immediate area, services, attractions, and events and assist with Concierge services.
- The Front Desk Agent is knowledgeable of fire and emergency procedures.
- Open, secure, and balance out daily shift bank which involves counting and verifying cash, check, and credit card transactions occurring while on duty.
- Monitor room availability throughout the day.
- Review daily the selling status of the hotel using yield management system.
- The Front Desk Agent will attend department meeting once a month.
- Performs all other duties as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Contact with other departments such as Sales, Housekeeping, Bell Staff, and Valet is crucial to ensure that hotel services are coordinated to provide the best in guest satisfaction.
Front Desk Agent Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, Front Desk Agent candidates must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and six months to one year related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate the Property Management System, capture email, and use the PBX system. Must always be accountable for balancing the daily shift bank and maintain organization and demonstrate quality service.