We invite you to apply to the DoubleTree Austin, part of the Sage Hospitality management group. You are considering an award winning team with a 30 year history of success in the Austin hospitality market. Our beautiful hotel has been recognized for many years for outstanding performance and we were recently awarded the prestigious 2018 Sage Property of the Year Award. In 2019 we were recognized as a Top 10 Doubletree in America, and our service scores were in the top 20% of the brand! We are honored to have been selected as a winner for the local Recognize Good Award for Ethics in Business and have received numerous accolades for our work in the community. We are committed to promoting an enriching work environment and are commitment to developing and promoting our winning team.
We are loaded with perks: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 401 (k) with employer matching, Sage and Hilton Hotel Discounts across the US, and SO much more!
- Employee Referral Program- $500 to $1,000 based on position
- Free Onsite Parking
- Numerous recognition programs
- Paid Time off for Vacation and Sick days
- 7 paid Holidays
Responsible for the timely delivery of food and ensuring that plate presentations and food quality are of the highest standard possible.Responsibilities
- Responsible for the timely delivery of food and ensuring that plate presentations and food quality are of the highest standard possible.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up, and dress code of the restaurant.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies and service procedures
- Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, wines, beers, and non-alcoholic selections, glassware and garnishes in the restaurant.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients, and quality standards of taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, portion size, garnish, and method of presentation.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons, and drunk driving.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment, and use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems.
- Provides assistance to other employees and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and the hotel.
High school education or equivalent.Experience
Previous experience in similar position of 3 months or longer.Knowledge/Skills
- Must have basic knowledge of restaurant operations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperation, and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying up to 50 lbs to include serving trays, carts, tables, chairs, and small equipment up to 75% of the time.
- Balancing, stooping kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching handling, fingering throughout the shift.
- Mobility -Able to travel up to 300 feet on a regular basis throughout the shift.
- Continuous standing -during preparation, during service hours or during expediting.
- Must be able to see minute objects at arm's length, to read meters and controls.
Physically strenuous -continual standing, walking, bending and lifting in indoor environment. Intermittent exposure to extreme heat (dishroom & kitchen) and cold (coolers & freezers).