Donohoe Hospitality Services is always looking for the most qualified and experienced professionals in the industry. We invite you to view our current career opportunities and apply.
To manage and supervise all aspects of the food and beverage operation of the hotel which includes complimentary services and banquets to ensure success in the areas of finances, cost control, guest satisfaction and employee satisfaction are achieved.
1. Supervise and manage the daily operations of the food and beverage department.
2. Ensure that the level of quality and presentation are being met according to standards on a daily basis.
3. Personally respond to all guests’ comments and complaints to ensure they are being handled in a timely manner.
4. Assist and supervise the purchasing and inventory functions of the department.
5. Train staff for job competency and ensure they are aware of hotel policies and procedures including service standards for the hotel and guest brand standards in regards to service and cleanliness.
6. Monitor department to ensure all brand requirements are being met on a daily basis in both the kitchen area and front of the house.
7. Implement and monitor staffing levels to ensure guest satisfaction and cost control are met on a daily basis.
8. Assist and supervise the weekly scheduling process to ensure staffing levels are met based on hotel’s weekly forecast.
9. Review standards to ensure department is operating within brand and hotel requirements.
10. Deal with staff inquires and issues in a timely and professional manner.
11. Responsible for training, supervising, and monitoring food sanitation and safety procedures in the kitchen and dining area.
12. Responsible for working with the sales department and housekeeping department to ensure banquets are handled according to BEO requirements and to the guest’s satisfaction.
13. Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire employees to meet and exceed standards and guest’s expectations.
14. Responsible for hiring, training, management, development, and evaluation of all food and beverage employees including managers, supervisors, and line employees.
15. Ensure compliance with all hotel and brand policies and procedures, as well as, local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
16. Demonstrate the leadership qualities as outlined in the DHS Leadership Job Requirement Chart
Education and Experience:
• Previous food & beverage experience.
• Previous supervisor or management experience.
• Certificate in Food Sanitation a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
• Clear verbal and written communication skills
• Certified food handler
• Must be able to work in a fast pace and high volume environment
• Ability to motivate and train employees in guest services.
• Adhere to all work rules, policies, and procedures established by the hotel, including but not limited to those contained in the employee handbook.
• The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Department schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and employees may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work.
Short Term Goals:
• Help improve our guest satisfaction scores to 90% or better by year end.
• Develop action plans for the department when departmental guest satisfaction scores fall below last year or the brand average.
• Monitor POU costs versus budget to ensure the department is controlling cost and payroll based on the hotel’s occupancy.