This position is responsible for preparing and cooking food items, assisting restaurant staff in greeting and seating guests, clearing and resetting tables in an efficient and courteous manner, and taking orders, preparing and serving alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and meals to guests. Adheres to all health regulations, stocks necessary supplies, and performs basic restaurant cleaning duties. Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group's high standards of quality to ensure guest satisfaction.
Must be available to work 2 - 3 days (10 - 13 hours) per week.Responsibilities:
- Food & Beverage Quality and Production: Accountable to ensure highest level of food & beverage quality and production to standards. Responsible for daily line checks, ongoing audits of consistency and quality, and follow up as necessary. Recognizes opportunities for improvement, and implements the necessary changes. Develops standard operating procedures to maximize quality. Ensures food preparation and delivery standards are met for banquet events and all outlets including restaurant, room service, concierge, and a la carte service.
- Presentation / Menu Changes: Ensures outstanding presentation through use records and photographs, and monitors that plate set ups meet the photo-record standards. Knowledge of menu changes, use records, and photographs.
- Cost Control: Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procurement guidelines and applies good business judgment, controlling food cost while maximizing food and beverage revenue. Manages and maintains company assets to stay within budget guidelines and prolong the life of company resources.
- Guest Service: Accountable for guest satisfaction by ensuring food and beverage standards are met. Identifies and addresses guest concerns in a timely and efficient manner. Works side by side with kitchen staff to model appropriate operational standards including adhering to ticket times while maintaining high food quality.
- Bussing/Cleaning: Responsible for clearing and wiping down tables and counters, disposal of garbage, cleaning floors, picking up dishes and glass wear, and re-stocking as necessary. Transfers full tubs to the dish room, and assists other restaurant and kitchen staff as needed.
- Safety/Risk Management: Leads by example with food safety standards and food storage. Maintain quality food, beverage and kitchen/restaurant standards per B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Ensures a clean and safe work environment, and follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures for guest/team member's incidents.
- Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management. Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment. Adheres to all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group Standard Operating Procedures.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience (such as culinary or bartending experience) required.
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities : 1 or more year(s) of previous food & beverage experience required. Must be detail oriented, have the ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with team members. Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Physical Requirements : Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift. Requires ability to work extended hours based on business needs, with physically demanding responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and lifting throughout the shift.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Prefer 1 or more year(s) in a food & beverage position in a restaurant or hotel of similar size and reputation for outstanding service.
EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled