Title: Food & Beverage Server
Position Reports to: F&B Supervisor, Food & Beverage Director
Salary: $12.95/hourly, gratuity
Employment: Seasonal, Full-time; May – October
Fox Harb’r Resort is a 5 Star, 4 Diamond property nestled along the coast of the Northumberland Strait in Wallace, Nova Scotia. We are offering a unique opportunity for you to experience a 5 Star Luxury work environment. With this opportunity you will be presented with a distinctive career, experience, and benefits in a World Class setting.
General Description: Courtesy and efficiency are paramount in any Food Services capacity. The F&B Server plays a key role in the operation to maintain the necessary liaison with guests as well as a balanced relationship with fellow team members in the day-to-day operation. Professionalism and organizational skill are necessary for success in this position.
* At least one year service experience
* Experience in luxury hotel or fine dining an asset
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team effectively
* Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
* Take a responsible role in day-to-day operation, maintaining and assisting others in the appearance and operating efficiency of all dining areas.
* To perform all aspects of service expectations and any necessary extra duties as assigned.
* To adhere to company policies and departmental procedures.
* To ensure all menu items are entered in POS quickly and correctly with follow up with kitchen team members.
* To become aware and knowledgeable of all menu specials, shortages or item specifics on a per shift/day basis as well as knowledge of existing menus.
* To ensure the cleanliness and proper storage of all products, tools and workspaces.
* To ensure all health regulations and food safety techniques are followed.
* Maintain clean and organized work area.
* To be diligent in reporting any breakage, incident or safety concern to supervisor or F&B Director.
* To ask for assistance in areas of service or procedural performance as needed.
* Maintain the security of information, key control areas, inventories and time management not only displaying responsible actions, but also encouraging them in others.
* Learn and know areas of product knowledge, service techniques and procedures.
* Completion of closing tasks such as reports preparation, checklist of completed duties and a synopsis of the shift/day/night where pertinent information is recorded for follow-up or as reporting for incoming team members.
* Closing tasks may also include the safe and clean state of departure from premises; ensuring areas are locked, closed or turned off as required.
At Fox Harb’r Resort, we know every employee is a valued part of the team. Our benefits include:
* Competitive wages, Gratuities
* Travel Fuel Allowance
* Discounts at the Resort's Dining Areas; The Cape Cliff and Willard
* Discounts on Accommodations, Golf and Spa services & products
* Friends and Family Rates for overnight accommodations
* Complimentary use of the Junior Olympic Pool, Mineral Pool and Fitness Room
* Team Member rates for Golf, Sport Shooting, Kayaking, Trail Rides etc.
* Team Member Activities and Department Incentives
* Team Member Education Funding and Bursary Program
* Team Member housing availability
see above for details