Hot Springs Embassy Suites Job Description Profile:
Bonus Eligible: Yes
Direct Reports: No
Reports To: Director, Sales and Events Primary Purpose:
The primary purpose of the Event Service Manager is to develop catering accounts, detail, and help execute successful catering events to achieve assigned catering and associated room revenue goals. Work Performed:
The Event Service Manager will be tasked with the following duties, responsibilities, and assignments:
Qualifications: Required Prior Experience:
- Serve as the onsite contact for all assigned groups, as well as work with the customer to produce Banquet Event Orders and Convention Resumes, ensuring that all special arrangements are properly documented;
- Ensure timely distribution of all Banquet Event Orders and Group Resumes to the appropriate departments and follow up on any questions;
- Maintain detailed files, notes, records, and trace systems to ensure the meeting and event experience meet the customer's expectations;
- Verify space requirements and meeting room set-up with the client and ensure that public space needed is properly maintained and in good condition;
- Confirm revisions in agendas, room blocks, etc. and notify corresponding departments in a timely manner;
- Finalize the program/agenda with client and check all scheduled functions one hour prior to start time;
- Review event sheets and work with appropriate departments to ensure quality and satisfaction;
- Offer pre and post-convention meetings giving the customer to communicate with the hotel teams on expectations and areas the hotel opportunity to customer and coordinate the meetings professionally; and
- A ny and all other work as required to complete the primary purpose of the position.
2 years catering sales or 2 years in hotel Catering/Convention Services, Banquet, Hotel Sales or Culinary Arts or an equivalent combination of education and experience Preferred Education:
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major Required Licenses/ Certification:
Valid Driver's license and reliable transportation Required Technology:
Proficient in Microsoft Office Preferred Technology:
Experience with Delphi, FDC , and/or Marriott CI/TY Physical:
8+ hours sitting at a desk and computer Other:
Excellent written and oral communication skills Competencies: ( 38 ) Organizational Agility
Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations. ( 37 ) Negotiating
Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships, can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing. ( 15) Customer Focus
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
In addition to competitive compensation packages, Atrium Hospitality offers competitive benefits packages; 401k; tuition reimbursement; commissions for referred and booked hotel business; as well as discounted rates at any of our hotels for associates, their immediate family members and friends. Our associates and leaders are driven everyday to make Atrium Hospitality a great place to work and grow. Come grow with us!
EOE, including disability/vets
Empleador con igualdad de oportunidades, incluidos personas con discapacidad y veteranos
See Job Description.