Events Admin & Ops Coordinator
To actively and independently support the role of the Adventures & Events Team in order to provide the best service possible to the client. What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee discounts at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, local companies and Accor worldwide for you and your family
- On-site employee cafeteria
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities within the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess in addition to national promotion opportunities. The sky is your limit!
Your experience and skills include: Required:
- Works closely with Director of A&E and Legacy Event Designs to help execute department strategies.
- Assist group operations team with verifying and coordinating third party vendor bookings and facilitating daily tasks.
- Work with software developer on changes/updates to program and website.
- Assist with developing and maintaining new and existing work relationships with supplier-partners, organizing new vendor inquiries, maintaining tariffs, etc.
- Provide assistance to clients when sales team is not available, returning phone calls or emails promptly.
- Handle and direct inbound calls and email inquiries for A&E Services.
- Maintain database of all vendors to ensure all prices and offerings are current
- Responsible for answering phones and other administrative duties
- Bachelors in Hospitality, Business, Sales or Marketing
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in the industry
- Experience in developing an understanding of customers, competitors and trends
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Open to working nights and weekends when required
- Team Player
Your team and working environment:
- Knowledge of local event vendor industry a plus!
- 1-2 years of Resort experience
- CMP is desired
- Involvement in industry groups such as MPI or ISES
A team of Heartists that are committed to working together, supporting each other, and providing the best guest experience Feel Valued, Feel Sparked, We Are One