Director of Engineering and General Manager
You will be responsible for the general maintenance, overnight security and guest requests of the hotel and conference center.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain a clean, attractive, safe and secure place to stay with friendly and attentive service.
- Respond to guests requests as assigned.
- Maintains security for guests and property by insuring that room doors are locked at all times, keys are controlled, lost and found articles are properly logged and securely stored, reports suspicious activity by guest or others and observes all security and safety regulations.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance and repair duties for the property, including but not limited to HVAC, electrical and plumbing tasks.
- Locates and corrects in-room heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) malfunctions, and adjusting HVAC units to include systems and control checks.
- General knowledge of procedures for repairing and/or replacing all types of plumbing equipment.
- Utilizes basic hand and power tools required for general maintenance.
- Performs Room Care program in rooms ,conference center and public area of hotel.
- Completes preventative maintenance checklist and other maintenance records.
- Maintains tools, work spaces, equipment, property exterior and grounds to assure cleanliness.
- Familiar with all major shut off stations, including water and electric with fire alarm stations.
Necessary Skills and Attributes
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and guests.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current CPR certification a plus
- Basic engineering skills required.
- Previous 3rd shift experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; bend; walk; use hands or finger; or feel objects, tools or controls; lift boxes (up to 15 pounds); talk and hear.
- Life Insurance with AD/D
- Voluntary Life
- Supplemental Benefits
- Short Term Disability
- Professional Growth and Development Opportunities
- Travel Discounts for you and your family
- Bonus Opportunities