La Quinta by Wyndham is now seeking a Driver/Guest Service Agent to join our team at the La Quinta by Wyndham Greensboro location in Greensboro, North Carolina.
The Driver is responsible for driving the van to and from the airport according to scheduled van runs and/or as needed for guests and accommodating guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. He/she is also responsible for assisting with luggage.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state.
- Must have a Commercial Driver's License if driving vehicles larger than 15 passengers.
- Must not have any moving violations on driving record.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Load and unload carts and vehicles and assist guests with tagging, storing and retrieving of luggage.
- Drive guests to and from airport and other assigned trips, while ensuring the safety of all passengers.
- Escort guests to rooms upon request.
- Open vehicle and hotel doors and greet arriving and departing guests.
- Deliver messages to meeting rooms.
- Maintain list of local transportation guides, churches, sport arenas, etc.
- Provide information, maps, and directions as necessary.
- Deliver flowers, packages and messages to guestrooms.
- Assist with room changes.
- Maintain hotel van: gas, oil, cleanliness - interior and exterior; fill out daily van reports and report any malfunctions to management.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff.
- Notify security of accidents and complete appropriate documentation.
- Answer console to assist Guest Services Agents.
- Show guestrooms and suites as needed and emphasize the hotel's amenities.
- Assist Bell Staff as needed.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Job Location:
La Quinta by Wyndham Greensboro, 1201 Lanada Road, Greensboro, North Carolina 27407
Employment Status: Part-time