the Nines, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland is seeking a Door Attendant
to join their renowned team. The perfect candidate is passionate about service and creating indigenous experiences for each guest! Poised in the heart of the city center
, within the walls of the stately Meier & Frank Building one of Portland's most beloved landmarks, the Nines honors the structure's storied past, both in its striking decor and impeccable service. Individualistic design traits celebrate the surroundings of one of finest LEED Silver-certified hotels in Portland, providing the opportunity to truly experience the region's unique character.
As part of Sage Hospitality
, we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We are known amongst our staff, our owners, our guests and our communities as leaders in our field who are authentic, humble, innovative and flexible operators driven to anticipate needs and exceed expectations. Job Overview
Under general supervision, provides an excellent and attentive guest arrival experience which may include porter services to hotel guests. Ensures their satisfaction and comfort by promptly and courteously responding to guest requests.Responsibilities
- Upon arrival and departure, greets and assists guests with directions, answering questions, calling transportation and assisting with any requests.
- Upon departure, assists the guest by transporting luggage from room to lobby, and helping the guest load luggage into vehicle.
- Responds to inquiries and promotes the property's amenities and restaurants.
- Keeps abreast of local activities and the area's establishments in order to answer questions, recommend and give directions.
- Associates are encouraged to offer improvement ideas and acknowledge good performance of others.
- Use empowerment to exceed associate and guest expectations and resolve conflicts.
- Associates are to work as a team helping all teammates to complete the required activities which will ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Points out to each guest the fire exits, usage of TV and A/C and provides ice.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
High School diploma or equivalentExperience
- Must have general knowledge of basic customer service skills and be fluent in oral and written English.
- Must have knowledge of local establishments, businesses and the surrounding community in general.
- Must be able to see objects and people at a distance.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and understand and follow verbal instruction.
- Must be able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to grasp handles, carry bundles and lift packages.
- Must be able to continually lift and carry up to 65lbs throughout the hotel
- during entire shift.
Physically strenuous, prolonged standing, walking and climbing stairs, exposure to outside elements, primarily an outdoor position.Benefits
- $500 Signing Bonus to be paid on the paycheck following two weeks of employment.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- Paid time off for vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Eligible to participate in the Company's 401(k) program with employer matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Great discounts on Hotels, Restaurants, and much more.