When you are looking for a new job, you know in your heart you want to work where you belong. The Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel, managed by Sage Hospitality, may just be your ideal location. Together we create a friendly, supportive culture that is intriguing and refreshing to those who are seasoned in hospitality as well as those putting their toes in the water for the first time. Let us show you how it's done.
Join forces with the top hospitality team around and navigate our guests through their journey in the hotel, restaurant, bar, downtown Pittsburgh, and beyond. There are many moving pieces to the operation. With attention to detail, empathy and multi-tasking abilities you could be the perfect fit. Could this be where you belong?
At Sage we create a culture of belonging. Our team members serve with creativity, and passion. Sage associates execute unforgettable experiences and take pride in our communities. We set new standards in hospitality.Job Overview
Under general supervision, provides an excellent and attentive guest arrival experience which may include porter services to hotel guests. Ensures their satisfaction and comfort by promptly and courteously responding to guest requests.Responsibilities
- Upon arrival and departure, greets and assists guests with directions, answering questions, calling transportation and assisting with any requests.
- Upon departure, assists the guest by transporting luggage from room to lobby, and helping the guest load luggage into vehicle.
- Responds to inquiries and promotes the property's amenities and restaurants.
- Keeps abreast of local activities and the area's establishments in order to answer questions, recommend and give directions.
- Associates are encouraged to offer improvement ideas and acknowledge good performance of others.
- Use empowerment to exceed associate and guest expectations and resolve conflicts.
- Associates are to work as a team helping all teammates to complete the required activities which will ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Points out to each guest the fire exits, usage of TV and A/C and provides ice.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
High School diploma or equivalentExperience
- Must have general knowledge of basic customer service skills and be fluent in oral and written English.
- Must have knowledge of local establishments, businesses and the surrounding community in general.
- Must be able to see objects and people at a distance.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and understand and follow verbal instruction.
- Must be able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to grasp handles, carry bundles and lift packages.
- Must be able to continually lift and carry up to 65lbs throughout the hotel
- during entire shift.
Physically strenuous, prolonged standing, walking and climbing stairs, exposure to outside elements, primarily an outdoor position.