Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
An unrivaled blend of warmth, authentic heritage, and contemporary sophistication attract travelers from around the world to Boston's most beloved hotel, the Boston Park Plaza. With the recent completion of a $100 million landmark transformation of all guest rooms, meeting space and public areas, guests quickly discover that this 1927 historic hotel is still classic, timeless, and always in-style. The hotel features 1,060 guest rooms (including 57 suites) plus onsite amenities. This historic and vibrant hotel is located in Boston's Back Bay neighborhood, just steps away from Boston Common and within walking distance of world-renowned Newbury Street, the Financial District, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, and a host of other famous historical Boston sites. Boston Park Plaza is a member of the Preferred Hotels and Resorts. Employment Status
The Director of Sales and Marketing will be responsible for driving the hotel's sales and marketing results. They are primarily responsible for leading & driving top line revenue strategy for traditional sales related segments to include group, volume transient & catering. The individual is additionally responsible for staying ahead of market trends, market share movement and ongoing competitive hotel analysis, while directing the property sales teams (rooms & catering) to ensure budgeted revenues are met or exceeded. The Director of Sales & Marketing is also responsible for developing and implementing a marketing communications plan designed to achieve the desired positioning for the hotel, as well as managing the sales and marketing budget that supports revenue attainment. Responsibilities
- Establishing annual sales goals, preparation of budget, and marketing plan. Meet or exceed the annual sales revenue goals, including sales activity production guidelines.
- Develop expert knowledge of the hotel's product positioning in marketplace, seasonality, pricing strategies and master the competitive advantages to the hotel's primary/aspirational competitive sets
- Providing day-to-day leadership to sales teams to achieve assigned objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and hotel revenues
- Providing customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Managing the development of a strategic action plan for the demand generators in the market
- Continuously evaluate the hotel(s) involvement in the various sales distribution channels and develop strong working relationships to proactively position and market the hotel(s) accordingly
- Proactively report on the progress and results of the marketing plan and related strategic activities, to include key metrics as well as conversion and return on investment data to key stakeholders
- Managing the marketing budget to enable development of brand specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet brand objectives
- Developing strategic alliances/partnerships to support marketing initiatives.
- Increasing market share by creating hotel-specific promotions to be communicated using the hotel's CRM tool (where applicable) and/ or traditional on-property marketing communication vehicles
- Working with GMs, Sales and corporate team, providing input into creation of area marketing calendar and media plan, and provide support as appropriate / required in the development of marketing support materials for area-wide initiatives
- Produces effective structures, processes and performance management systems
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports, aligns performance and incentives, manages performance issues and holds team accountable for results
- Provide leadership to help drive productivity and performance of the sales team. Timely execution of specific assignments.
- Comply with company sales reporting standards using Opera Sales & Catering, and all other company sales, reservation, distribution systems . Prepare pre-trip and post-trip reporting of any travel and tradeshow related activities.
- Guide and participate in monthly sales department and revenue and strategy meetings for the Brand.
- Develop, implement and execute sales strategies in a quarterly action plans to impact existing key accounts, target accounts and the development of new business opportunities within assigned market segments.
- Creating and suggesting strategies and tactics for respective markets in the annual business plan. Creative marketing projects, involving Social Media, Editorial Content, Public Relations, cultural partnerships and special events.
- Maintain positive relations and high visibility in relative business organizations such as GBCVB, Chamber of Commerce, and Massachusetts Lodging Association.
- Partners with Human Resources to attract, develop and retain diverse, high-performing talent that can lead the organization today and strengthen the leadership bench for the future growth of hotels; continues to improve sales talent; works with Human Resources team to anticipate future talent needs based on business growth plans