Emery brings a new standard of boutique chic to downtown Minneapolis. Whether traveling for business or leisure, the 229 room Emery, is richly appointed and boasts original marble columns, vaulted ceilings, original bank vaults and much more, guaranteeing a truly unique travel experience. Located at 215 4th Street South, Emery is connected to the city's renowned skyway system, an indoor walking path network that covers 26 million square feet of downtown Minneapolis buildings and is within blocks of the city's most desirable destinations. Additionally, the Light Rail Transit is located only 1 block from the hotel, and provides easy access to the Minneapolis St-Paul International Airport, the infamous Mall of America, and all points downtown.
The Director of Sales and Marketing (DOSM) has direct oversight of the sales operation of the hotel. The DOSM has a primary responsibility to maximize profit by effectively supervising sales force of the department, coordinating sales and marketing budget, establishing room rates, create and execute effective marketing that supports all sales, and overseeing group and transient sales. Additional responsibilities include maintaining effective involvement with key community organizations, upholding key relationships with previous clients, and maintaining customer satisfaction as the driving philosophy of the business.
- Bachelors degree required or equivalent experience
- 5+ years progressive hotel sales experience
- Minimum 2 years hotel sales leadership experience or equivalent
- Ability to execute a Sales and Marketing Plan to enhance revenue
- Established relationships within the agency community
- Negotiation/interpretation of contracts skills
- Business communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Suites
- Experience with major Hospitality Sales CRM systems
- Present confidence and a professional appearance
- Willing to relocate
Davidson Hospitality Group is an award-winning, full-service hospitality management company overseeing hotels, restaurants, dining and entertainment venues across the US. A trusted partner and preferred operator for Hilton, Hyatt, Kimpton, Marriott, and Margaritaville, Davidson offers a unique entrepreneurial management style and owners' mentality that provides the individualized personal service of a small company, enhanced by the breadth and depth of skill and experience of a larger company. In keeping with the company's heritage of delivering value, Davidson is comprised of four highly specialized operating verticals: Davidson Hotels, Pivot, Davidson Resorts and Davidson Restaurant Group.
In keeping with the company's heritage of delivering value to its owners and team members, Davidson offers a rich benefit program with a variety of benefits designed to enrich the lives and well-being of our team members and their families.
- Three Tiers of Medical Coverage
- 24/7 Healthcare Concierge
- 24/7 Teledoc service
- Maternity Program
- Cancer Program
- Free Maintenance Medications
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance Buy Ups
- Short Term Disability Buy-Up
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity
- Home and Auto insurance
- Legal Assistance
- Pet Insurance
- Hotel Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- EAP Program
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, bereavement, and Holidays)
- 401K Match
- Team Member Service Awards
Working at Davidson is like nowhere else. It's less of a job, more of a calling. It's part career, part revolution. Because whatever you do here, you play a part in helping redefine the way quality hospitality is delivered to our guests, our clients, our partners, and each other.
EOE AA- Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Davidson Hospitality is a drug free workplace. Pre-employment background check required. We participate in E-Verify.