Director of Sales & Marketing
Westin Houston Medical Center
This position is based in Houston, TX. Non-local candidates must be willing to relocate. Relocation assistance can be discussed.
A Director of Sales and Marketing is responsible for creating leaders and fostering the company culture within the sales, event management and marketing departments. A Director of Sales and Marketing must ignite the human spirit by creating unrivaled hospitality experiences fueled by fun, enthusiasm and compassion that challenge each person to unlock their own potential. The Director of Sales and Marketing is responsible for the successful operation and administration of the Sales and Marketing departments. All hotel operations must be executed at the highest level of professionalism and courtesy.
The Director of Sales and Marketing must drive results through effective training, coaching, leading, motivating, empowering and following through with all the associates. The Director of Sales and Marketing must ensure maximization of profitability yielding the highest RevPar possible. The Director of Sales and Marketing must ensure that our associates, co-workers and our customers are always treated with the utmost respect since they are the key to our success.
Director of Sales & Marketing Responsibilities - (not limited to)
- The Director of Sales and Marketing will foster the company culture and teamwork
- Passion and commitment to the business at an ownership level
- Oversee department sales, events and marketing managers to inspire loyalty and maximize profitability
- Participate in community and industry organizations representing the hotel
- Manage guest and community relations
- The Director of Sales and Marketing will ensure compliance with brand standards as well as company standards and procedures
- Maintain effective and open communication
- Maximize revenue through yield management and ongoing sales calls
- Must possess high energy, professionalism and confidence every day and in every way
- Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic leader
- Conduct company required daily and weekly meetings with enthusiasm and commitment to success
- The Director of Sales and Marketing will train department managers to deliver the highest performance
- Timely execution of associate evaluations
- Must be capable to successfully prioritize, delegate, organize and multi-task
- Develop and implement annual sales and revenue budget with ongoing monitoring of budget
- Must create annual Marketing Plan and ensure compliance of implementation
- The Director of Sales and Marketing must be able to analyze monthly P&L for ongoing control of expenses and maximization of revenue
- Must be able to conduct daily business with integrity and be ethical at all times
- Must maintain a safe working environment through ongoing compliance of safety guidelines
- Treat guests, associates, vendors and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times
- Ensure emergency procedures are understood by all through ongoing training and documentation
- The Director of Sales and Marketing must be able to coach and counsel and provide clear and concise direction
- Be able to work well under pressure and meet or beat deadlines
- Capitalize on utilizing brand promotions, marketing, sales programs and resources
- Direct coordination of cross-selling, joint marketing initiatives and other brand synergies
- Provide strategic direction of rate, date and space commitments for group room sales
- Develop and maintain strategic and tactical plans to maintain current base and increase hotel's share
- Forecasting strategy implementation
- The Director of Sales and Marketing direct efforts to improve market penetration
- Oversee and maximize major distribution channels
- Responsible for identifying potential future sales managers as well as hiring, training and development
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Perform other tasks that are deemed necessary to the success of the company, the hotel and the associates
Director of Sales & Marketing Qualifications
*Must be proficient in technology (Marriott/Westin Brand and system experience a plus)
*Prior hospitality experience, specifically in full service hotel a plus
*Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
*Must be able to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 25 lbs.
*Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, climb stairs, and walk on uneven surfaces.
*Must be able to operate motor vehicle using safety precautions (in case of hotel need).