In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
The Beautiful Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa is currently seeking for a Dynamic Director of Sales & Marketing.
The Director of Sales & Marketing will provide the development and solicitation of group business from all markets to ensure the necessary advance bookings needed for a successful and profitable operation for the hotel. Thorough knowledge of staff, competition, market and technical expertise is required.
· Responsible for achieving and/or exceeding budgeted group revenue.
· Achieve personal booking goals.
· Conduct site inspections with potential clients.
· Handle/Respond to inbound leads and RFP’s.
· Conduct sales solicitations for new business and maintain relationships with existing accounts.
· Travel on sales related trips to include sales calls and trade shows as required.
· Work with the General Manager on the execution of the annual Sales and Marketing plan action items.
· Determine group pricing strategies for rolling three years and oversee rate, date and space commitments for group sales. Ensure MAR rates in Delphi are kept up to date.
· Review each business case and approve all sales contracts prior to the contracts being sent to the client for signature.
· Ensure Delphi is being utilized for maximum efficiency and for reporting purposes.
· Determine individual group booking goals on an annual basis.
· Direct the overall sales efforts of the hotel’s sales staff through effective oral and written communications and ensure Sales Managers, Convention Service Manager and Wedding Specialist are meeting their set goals.
· Approve sales manager trips.
· Hire, train, supervise, counsel and conduct annual performance reviews of the Sales Manager and Conference Services Manager.
· Administration of sales department scheduling, vacation and payroll system.
· Preparation of the group sales portion of the hotel’s Annual Marketing Plan. Responsible for the preparation of weekly sales reports:
· Snapshot compilation and distribution
· Responsible for the preparation and distribution of monthly reports:
· Month ends sales reports
· Monthly critique, Rolling 12-month strategy
· GRNSR and Pace report
· Expense Variance reports
· Responsible for the control and administration of the overall A&P expenditures budget and invoice approval with VP Sales & Marketing.
· Responsible for the control and administration of the monthly sales bonus.
· Ensure departmental adherence to Olshan Properties Sales Policy and Procedures.
Desired Skill Sets
· Possess experience and advanced knowledge of group meeting market, current market trends and economic factors, development and delivery of sales presentations, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business and marketing plans, budget forecasting and management, quality assurance programs, hotel law, and the development of long-range planning.
· Possess leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
· Ability to set priorities, plan, organize, and to delegate assignments to accomplish tasks, often within strict time limitations.
· Ability to apply technical knowledge of federal and state regulations to practical situations with the hospitality industry.
· Ability to read, write, hear, speak and understand the English language to communicate with management and staff--being persuasive, clear and to the point. Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, clear and understandable to formulate complex reports and communicate with the public, staff, corporate offices, and general manager.
· Possess basic skills in the use of computers and software programs associated with the department.
· Possess considerable knowledge of mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) to create and maintain budgets, cost analysis reports, calculate trends in guest and team member opinion reports, etc.
· Ability to move throughout premise and visually inspect conditions requiring bending, stooping and reaching arms overhead.
· Ability to remain calm in emergency situations and to effectively work with the internal and external guests, some of whom require patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger, and provide positive and proactive solutions.
· Ability to travel to various sites on and off the hotel property, while maintaining contact with the hotel, to perform essential job duties.
· Ability to remain stationary (sitting or standing) and concentrate on tasks for long periods of time often in a high-volume high-pressure area.
· Ability to use finger/hand movements for extended periods of time. Finger and hand dexterity to manipulate switches, writing instruments, a computer keyboard, etc.
· Ability to grasp and lift up to 25 lbs.
Hilton Experience is a MUST
· Bachelor's degree in marketing, hotel management or general business management.
· Minimum five years in hotel sales and marketing management, previous catering experience preferred.
· Literate with OnQ, Newmarket Delphi, FDC Systems.
· Additional language ability preferred.
· Director of Sales Training Certified.+
Hilton Experience and Training is a MUST
|Address||560 South Collier Boulevard, Marco Island, FL, 34145 View map|