The DOSCE is responsible for overseeing Sales, Catering and Event Services to optimize revenue opportunities for the property and acts as a liaison between the sales/catering and operations department of the hotel to ensure a successful event for the clients and all of the client's needs are met and communicated accurately and efficiently to all departments of the hotel.
- Event Services
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Lead the revenue process assuring that the property is taking the "right mix" of business to maximize the high demand periods and lay in the base required for the distressed periods.
- Monitor revenue pace of Sales and Catering and strategize to meet and exceed budgeted revenues.
- Formulate and approve sales travel for the year - identifying travel needs based on feeder markets.
- Work cooperatively between PR and Marketing to establish strategic goals for attaining budgets.
- Update sales platforms with relevant collateral, promotional offers, photography, and need dates
- Direct, organize and execute departmental activities including, but not limited to, prospecting and qualifying potential leads, soliciting viable leads, and preparing and presenting written proposals/contracts and oral presentations.
- Direct and develop team member's performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, coaching and counseling, timely evaluations, improving performance and delivering recognition and reward.
- Recruit, interview and onboard new team members.
- Assist in compiling sales forecasts and budgets, collect and report sales data and manage the department budget.
- Develop target lists and action plans for account solicitation; assist in assignment and distribution of leads and inquiries.
- Conduct tours of property to meeting planners and other potential customers while informing of all hotel services available; entertain customers on property during site inspections, pre-planning trips, and program operation when appropriate. Complete required site forms to alert the hotel of site tours in advance.
- Participate in hotel executive committee meeting, operations meeting, and labor meeting on a weekly basis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with competitive set and actively participate in community organizations and professional associations to maintain visibility and market share.
- Excellent knowledge of the hotel's surroundings including the history, culture and points of interest.
- Qualify incoming leads, send proposals, contracts and addendums when needed to negotiate group business using marketing and sales resources.
- Negotiate guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and hotel services within approved booking guidelines.
- Establish method of payment, collect initial deposit and/or begin the direct bill application process.
- Follow up on outstanding proposals and contracts to effectively close business.
- Process definite contracts and route information appropriately to the following Grand Performers using the turnover process:
1. Group Coordinator
2. Event Services Manager when applicable
- Monthly review with VP of Sales in progress towards achieving quarterly sales goals. - achieved via sales meeting and one - one meetings
- Analyze competition, market trends and customer needs to continually assess the productivity against established goals and budgets.
- Analyze historical, current and future hotel performance to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed his/her individual sales goals and sales budget.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel to include restaurant and outlets.
- Manage account details so all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented in required sales and catering system.
- Track monthly production towards quarterly sales goals set forth by management using required documentation.
- Competently utilizes the required systems/equipment and platforms to effectively evaluate availability, profitability and track the progress of groups from proposal through execution.
- Maintain accurate, organized and up-to-date files including computer filing and sales platform records (attachments, traces, activities, etc.).
- Complete business evaluation process to maximize revenues for rooms with the Revenue Manager. .
- Participate in monthly revenue meetings and Playbook calls to stay abreast of strategies and to assist in making decisions for the benefit of the hotel.
- Conduct weekly meeting to review group and catering pace, systems reports, company/department updates.
- Actively participate in all sales/operational meetings
- Quarterly travel is required to attend Sales Executive Committee meetings, customer events, conduct outside sales calls and participate in trade shows.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with national franchised brands.
- Knowledge of all Kessler Collection hotels to effectively cross-sell.
- Complete required reporting and documentation.
- Use logic, integrity and sound judgment when making business decisions by considering the big picture, operational needs and impact on other departments.
- Participate in weekly staff and group resume meetings with operations and Event Order meetings when deemed necessary
- Conduct one on one's as needed to provide support, leadership and direction.
- Perform other duties assigned to meet business needs.
- Conduct business review meeting as needed to review current prospects, site tours, and previous day's business activity.
- Power Hour - Weekly Power Hour scheduled and added to the Kessler Sales calendar
- Create detailed event orders to meet the specifications of the client, m anage room blocks, food and beverage requirements, meeting room setups, billing, and other additional needs of the client.
- Communicate and enforce contractual agreements to the client pertaining to meeting space, food and beverage, and special concessions.
- Collection of attrition charges owed as needed.
- Ensure that all guest checks, payments, master folios and advanced deposits are submitted to accounting; ensures that any other information, which is necessary and/or helpful for successful catering or group business is submitted to appropriate departments
- Ensure Rewarding Events points are posted following conclusion of event
- Collaborate with culinary operations to assist in development, design, and implementation of custom menus.
- Maintain proper documentation of events, changes and special requests with updated Banquet Event Orders, group resumes and rooming lists. Provide accurate and concise information to all departments.
- Facilitate EO and group resume meetings as needed.
- Function as the on-site contact to client and address challenges or concerns immediately when needed.
- Organize and conduct or supervise site visits, pre-planning visits, pre-con and post-con meetings.
- Ability to work with vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all groups
- Generate thank you notes and service evaluations for all groups as needed.
- Greet all clients (in rotation with MOD and other managers for rooms only groups) as they arrive on day of arrival
- Competently utilizes the required systems/equipment and platforms to effectively detail and track the progress of groups from turnover through execution.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA's):
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving co...
See Job Description