The DOSC is responsible for overseeing Sales and Catering to optimize revenue opportunities for the property.
- Group Sales
- Catering Sales
- Group Sales Manager
- Catering Sales Manager
- Event Service Manager
- Group Coordinator
- Sales and Catering Administrative Coordinator
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Lead the revenue process assuring that the property is taking the "right mix" of business to maximize the high demand periods and lay in the base required for the distressed periods.
- Monitor revenue pace of Sales and Catering and lead the Team in meeting and exceeding budgeted revenues.
- Formulate and approve Team sales travel for the year - identifying travel needs based on feeder markets.
- Work cooperatively between PR and Marketing to establish strategic goals for attaining budgets.
- Update sales platforms with relevant collateral, promotional offers, photography, and need dates
- Direct, organize and supervise departmental activities including, but not limited to, prospecting and qualifying potential leads, soliciting viable leads, and preparing and presenting written proposals/contracts and oral presentations.
- Direct and develop team member's performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, coaching and counseling, timely evaluations, improving performance and delivering recognition and reward.
- Recruit, interview and onboard new team members.
- Assist in compiling sales forecasts and budgets, collect and report sales data and manage the department budget.
- Develop target lists and action plans for account solicitation; assist in assignment and distribution of leads and inquiries.
- Conduct tours of property to meeting planners and other potential customers while informing of all hotel services available; entertain customers on property during site inspections, pre-planning trips, and program operation when appropriate. Complete required site forms to alert the hotel of site tours in advance.
- Direct maintenance of sales files, accounts and additional administrative duties.
- Participate in hotel executive committee meeting, operations meeting, and labor meeting on a weekly basis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with competitive set and actively participate in community organizations and professional associations to maintain visibility and market share.
- Excellent knowledge of the hotel's surroundings including the history, culture and points of interest.
- Qualify incoming leads, send proposals, contracts and addendums when needed to negotiate group business using marketing and sales resources.
- Negotiate guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and hotel services within approved booking guidelines.
- Establish method of payment, collect initial deposit and/or begin the direct bill application process prior to turnover to Event Services Manager.
- Follow up on outstanding proposals and contracts to effectively close business.
- Process definite contracts and route information appropriately to the following Grand Performers using the turnover process:
1. Group Coordinator
2. Event Services Manager
- Monthly review and support to team members in creating and achieving quarterly sales goals. - achieved via sales meeting and one - one meetings
- Analyze competition, market trends and customer needs to continually assess the productivity against established goals and budgets.
- Analyze historical, current and future hotel performance to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed his/her individual sales goals and sales budget.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel to include restaurant, spa, gallery and outlets.
- Manage account details so all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented in required sales and catering system.
- Track monthly production towards quarterly sales goals set forth by management using required documentation.
- Competently utilizes the required systems/equipment and platforms to effectively evaluate availability, profitability and track the progress of groups from proposal through execution.
- Maintain accurate, organized and up-to-date files including computer filing and sales platform records (attachments, traces, activities, etc.).
- Complete business evaluation process to maximize revenues for rooms with the Revenue Manager. .
- Participate in monthly revenue meetings and Playbook calls to stay abreast of strategies and to assist in making decisions for the benefit of the hotel.
- Conduct weekly department meeting to review group and catering pace, systems reports, company/department updates.
- Actively participate in all sales/operational meetings
- Quarterly travel is required to attend Sales Executive Committee meetings, customer events, conduct outside sales calls and participate in trade shows.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with national franchised brands.
- Knowledge of all Kessler Collection hotels to effectively cross-sell.
- Complete required reporting and documentation.
- Use logic, integrity and sound judgment when making business decisions by considering the big picture, operational needs and impact on other departments.
- Participate in weekly staff and group resume meetings with operations and Event Order meetings when deemed necessary
- Conduct monthly one on one's with team members to provide support, leadership and direction.
- Perform other duties assigned to meet business needs.
- Conduct daily business review meeting with sales team to review current prospects, site tours, and previous day's business activity.
- Power Hour - Weekly Power Hour scheduled and added to the Kessler Sales calendar
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA's):
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative task...
See Job Description