In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Job Title: Director of Sales - www.bwplusaustin.com
Job Summary: Generates top line revenue through outside direct sales and by identifying, developing, and maintaining property sales and marketing objectives. Responsible for maximizing the occupancy and the average daily rate of the hotel.
• Assists in the development of the Marketing Plan and Key Account Action Plans.
• Cultivates lead sources through direct sales calls/appointments, cold calls, telemarketing, etc.
• Establishes and maintains close contact with assigned accounts and target accounts.
• Maintains well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system in order to service the client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
• Develops strong customer relations through frequent communication, professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interactions. Develops customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system, including dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account services and increased revenues.
• Conducts research, surveys, personal investigation and studies marketplace and territory in order to effectively capitalize on the hotel’s strengths and competitor’s weaknesses and capabilities.
• Controls departmental expenses on the property’s behalf in order to minimize hotel costs.
• Maintains active involvement in assigned community and industry organizations.
• Assists in ensuring that customers are 100% satisfied with their hotel experience.
• * Coordinate all group transient and catering sales solicitations and bookings to maximize overall revenue.
• Develop recommend implement and manage the division's annual budget and the advertising public relations marketing and sales plans and programs for the hotel to maximize rate occupancy and food & beverage opportunities thus ensuring the hotel meets/exceeds management and owner revenue/profit goals and expectations.
• Proactively conduct outside sales calls conduct sales tours and entertain clients.
• Understand the content reflected in contracts and how to negotiate terms therein.
• Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
• Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
• Comply with attainment of individual goals as well as team goals and budgeted metrics.
• Train all members of the hotel staff on how to recognize and capitalize on all sales opportunities to increase hotel occupancy and revenue.
• Develop a full working knowledge of the operations and policies of the hotel including Sales Food and Beverage Front Office and Reservations.
• Maintain strong visibility in local community and industry organizations.
• Attend and/or conduct daily/weekly/monthly meetings and any other functions required by management providing training on a rotational basis.
• Maintains professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication relationships to achieve initiatives with respective marketing partner(s) and other internal departments
• Travel on a weekly basis as required.
• Act as directed on behalf of the General Manager in his/her absence; performing any other duties as requested by management.Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of five years of hospitality sales experience. Minimum of three years management experience.
• Excellent leadership skills and strong revenue management skills. Must be innovative and self- motivated.
• Must be able to work independently and have the drive to succeed.
• Knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent decision-making ability and analytical skills.
• Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
• Must maintain a high level of professional appearance and demeanor.
• Must have a current driver’s license and use of a vehicle which is insured and maintained in good condition.
• Available to travel in and out of state.
|Address||2021 Cheddar Loop Rd, Austin, TX, 78728 View map|