LUMA RE-OPENING! JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM!
LUMA is seeking an experienced Director of Sales
to join their team! Apply today!
At LUMA, we strive to be a beacon of modern hospitality, and an independent, illuminated choice for our guests. We refer to our employees as Talent as it takes your skills, knowledge, attitude and genuine hospitality to cultivate the hotel service culture. At LUMA we strongly believe that it is our Talent's responsibility to work together to exceed the expectations of our guest, owners, peers and community.
The Director of Sales
is responsible for the overall operations and sales efforts of the hotel with an emphasis on attaining the hotel goals of maximum revenue and profit while providing the guest with the highest level of quality service.
- Develop sales quotas and forecasts to increase market share in all markets.
- Solicit and service business in the hotel in accordance with the marketing plan and assigned-market segments.
- Generate a high profile and quality perception in the market place.
- Responsible for generating group guest room and Hotel revenues.
- Maximize profitability and ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Lead and execute all sales efforts with an emphasis on the following: National Accounts Management, Consortia Management, Travel Negotiated accounts, Local Account Management, Travel Agents from major feeder cities
Accountable for the achievement of all established goals and/or budgets relative to all market segments.
- Develop pricing and market strategies with the General Manager and Corporate VP of Sales, constant monitoring of competition and marketplace in general; must be prepared and able to react under fluctuating market conditions.
- Prepare and execute annual Sales plan; covering sales, food and beverage events, as well as participating in multiple property campaigns.
- Meet or exceed pre-determined booking goals for guest room revenue; meet or exceed budgeted costs and revenue on a monthly average with the liberty to negotiate as needed on individual contracts within established guidelines yet maintaining the overall revenue goals.
- Participate in monthly ownership calls to analyze monthly reports (Star, Pace, Forecast, P&L, etc.) and to develop future selling strategies for the Hotel.
- Represent hotel in community affairs and industry related events at all times, especially when attending tradeshows and agency presentations
- Prepares monthly sales reports (Sales, PACE, Forecast, etc.).
- Review and analyze entire RFP process for Hotel.
- Develop new business through obtaining accounts from competition, lateral development of existing accounts and contacting new customers in the market.
- Work closely with General Manager and Revenue Team to ensure proposed rate negotiations meet the financial needs of the hotels.
- Accountable for the financial performance of the department with emphasis on achieving or exceeding of predetermined booking goals.
- Consistently monitor the performance of associates on an on-going basis and provide feedback. Reward, discipline and document associate performance and provide timely counseling. Address associate complaints and resolve problems.
- Select qualified, goal and service oriented individuals and develop these individuals with clear guidelines to associates.
- Prepare payroll.
- Fostering the open channel of communication between Sales and Operations Departments.
- Participate in Hotel Manager on Duty Program.
- Facilitate departmental training modules; continually monitor, evaluate, and revise training content to reflect changes in the process; address the needs identified by associates.
- Prepare and control hotel budget for sales.
- Be familiar with the operating procedures of all other areas of the hotel, cooperating fully and in a friendly manner with those areas to assure customer satisfaction.