In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Leading hotel working with a private owner to increase revenue streams and profits. We are a team member and customer centric hotel that values and respects each team member both as an individual and as a valued part of our organization. We do our best to encourage communication, and we will listen with an open mind to new ideas. Furthermore, we are dedicated to implementing those ideas, which will result in a higher level of productivity and professionalism. In addition, we are committed to you, and your career advancement and we will provide you the opportunity to be successful.
Direct all aspects of sales including analyzing and achieving strategic objectives and business growth potential. Direct sales staff and catering sales staff. Creates and involved with the Sales budget, marketing/business plans, and manages within approved plans and objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
· Proactively solicit and secure new business through networking, solicitation, site inspections and outbound sales calls.
· Accomplish guest room and catering sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining associates; communicating job expectations, job duties and job responsibilities; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
· Achieve room and catering sales objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans to increase revenue and up sell food and beverage selections; implement quality and guest-service standards; resolve problems; identify and recognize trends; capitalize on opportunities to gain and retain new and existing clients,
· Develop, recommend, implement and manage the catering budget, sales and marketing strategy/plan, goals and forecasts to maximize the hotel's public meeting space to meet/exceed hotel’s expectations.
· Develop effective sales strategies and negotiations to be successful to obtain business over competition. Research and understand demand generators, new business sources, and prospecting for new business.
· Convey a strong belief in the hotel and confidently discuss hotel features, services, highlights and advantages.
· Pursue all opportunities for customer solicitation and relationship building. Engage in creative networking, social media, uncovering and cold calling prospective clients to generate activity for future business. Prepare status updates and period- end information.
· Produce monthly reports and catering forecasts to analyze current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue, profit margin, and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue scope.
· Coordinate and assist planning catering service/operations and implement company programs in the Catering Department to ensure compliance safety regulations and procedures and to ensure an optimal level of service, quality and hospitality are provided to the hotel customers
· Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the hotel’s financial assets against loss or misappropriation.
· Communicate to both, guests and fellow associates, professionally and positively.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Two to Four year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
Experience: A minimum of five year sales experience in a related position. Hotel sales experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to perform critical analysis and manage wide-range of information. Extensive knowledge of negotiating, principals and practices within catering sales, food and beverage, and sales procedures associated with the hotel industry. Excellent oral, written and presentation skills sufficient to produce sales and marketing communication that properly reflect the Foundation Image. Listen effectively. Ability to delegate, manage manpower and organize complex projects and establishes priorities consistent with department/hotel objectives.
Communicate to both, guests and fellow associates, professionally and positively.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to note ALL duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
|Address||604 Station Road, Harrisburg, PA, 17101 View map|