In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Position: Director of Revenue Management & Reservations
Purpose: Manages room’s inventory and ensures inventory is allocated and restricted properly to
maximize revenue and profits. Responsible for building all rates, packages and hotel sales strategy information in the hotel(s)’ inventory systems. In addition, the position oversees the inventory management system to verify appropriateness of agreed upon selling strategies. Responsible for the analysis of revenue, profit and demand associated with hotel rooms and space inventory in a given market. Position prepares forecasts, budgets, weekly and daily projections and analyzes the progress of each. Position critiques sales strategy effectiveness and prepares historical and future analysis of revenue and profit opportunities.
Reports to: General Manager
· Manages room authorizations, rates and restrictions.
· Maintains the rooms inventory for the hotel and responsible for maximizing rooms revenue.
· Releases group rooms back into general inventory and ensure clean booking windows for customers.
· Ensures that the hotel sales strategies are effectively implemented in the reservation system and the inventory system.
· Prepares sales strategy critique.
· Monitors transient and group inventory daily to ensure straight-line availability and maximization of revenue potential.
· Ensures that sales strategies and rate restrictions are communicated, implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
· Supports reservation center. Supervises the reservations coordinator and department.
· Uses reservations system and demand forecasting systems to determine, implement and control selling strategies.
· Initiates, implements and evaluates revenue tests.
· Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue management processes.
· Ensures compliance and participation in company promotions and ECommerce channels.
· Ensures hotel follows brand strategies that will maintain and/or increase the hotel(s) revenue per available room (RevPAR).
· Understands the working relationship between sales, reservations and property management systems.
· Participates in monthly, quarterly, and annual reviews.
· Promotes and protects brand equity.
· Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
· Attends meetings to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate and manage activities and solutions.
· Establishes long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
· Takes a predetermined strategy and drives the execution of the strategy.
· Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems and processes.
· Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.)
· Explores opportunities that drive profit, create value for clients, and encourage innovation; challenges existing processes/systems/products to make improvements.
· Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
· Creates long range forecast for rooms by segment and updates forecast every period.
· Creates weekly forecast for property operations and staffing purposes.
· Conducts sales strategy analysis and hosts weekly meeting with General Manager, DOSM, and any other manager as necessary.
· Maintains accurate reservation system information.
· Analyzes period end and other available systems data to identify trends, future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
· Generates updates on transient segment each period.
· Assists with account diagnostics process and validates conclusions.
· Provides revenue analysis functional expertise to general manager, property leadership team and market sales leaders.
· Prepares forecasts of revenue, profit, demand and occupancy for rooms - three-month and size month, long range and budget.
· Prepares revenue and profit opportunity analysis.
· Manages all revenue, profit and demand data associated with rooms.
· Develops and/or uses analytical tools and systems to maximize revenues and profit.
· Identifies the underlying principles, reason, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
· Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
· Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
· Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
Building Successful Relationship
· Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships in a proactive manner.
· Acts as a liaison, when necessary, between property and regional/corporate systems support.
· Key contact for 3rd party operators and/or clients.
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
· Attend weekly leadership meetings
· Will provide revenue management information in the Executive Committee meetings as requested.
Tools and Equipment:
· To include but not limited to: Computer, printer, telephone, pen/pencil, paper, copier/scanner/fax, file folders, filing cabinet
· Interior of hotel, in normal office conditions.
|Address||1500 Southwest 1st Avenue, Miami, FL, 33129 View map|