DIRECTOR OF REVENUE MANAGEMENT- FLORIDA BASED
Functions as the primary strategic business leader of the company for a dozen properties with responsibility for coordinating the revenue management processes and procedures for all hotels within the company, to maximize each hotel’s room revenue. Verifies implementation of the revenue management strategies that have been put in place, with the objective of supporting our hotels and acting as the corporate liaison between the property and brand revenue management. Holds property leadership teams accountable for strategy execution and guides their goals and objectives for revenue maximization. The position ensures brand sales engines are leveraged and initiates independent and proactive transient sales activities, when appropriate, to generate demand. Verifies that the objectives and goals of hotel brand, and property owners work together to achieve success.
Core Work Activities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyzes information, identifies current and potential problems and proposes solutions.
- Analyzes period end and other available systems data to identify trends, future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
- Generates updates on transient segment each period and continually analyzes transient booking patterns.
- Assists with account diagnostics process and validates conclusions.
- Maintains accurate reservation system information.
- Checks distribution channels regularly for hotel positioning, information accuracy and competitor positioning.
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Observes, receives, and otherwise obtains information from all relevant sources.
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Analyzes weekly and monthly STAR information to assist in analyzing past strategies; identifies areas needing improvement, identifies competitor set strengths, and develops strategies to best capture available Market Share.
- Analyze STAR information to assist in development of RevPAR Index forecasts.
- Generates yearly room revenue budget.
- Managing Revenue Management Strategy
- Provides critical input to property leaders for development of market sales strategy.
- Provides revenue management functional expertise and leadership to general managers, property leadership teams and market sales leaders.
- Initiates, implements and evaluates revenue tests.
- Ensures that sales strategies and rate restrictions are communicated, implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
- Assists hotels with pricing and provides input on business evaluation recommendations.
- Assists in creating and verbalizing positioning and long-term strategies for all segments (group, transient, catering) that are in alignment with brand standards and property objectives.
- Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue management processes.
- Ensures property diagnostic processes are used to maximize revenue and profits.
- Ensures hotel strategies conform to brand/ownership philosophies and initiatives.
- Ensures Operation Teams are aware of current strategies and have the information needed to execute them (daily strategies, current day inventory management, and package inclusions).
- Building Successful Relationships
- Communicates brand initiatives, demand and market analysis to hotels and owner.
- Communicates market direction to revenue management, sales and hotel leaders.
- Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintains them over time.
- Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
- Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to the stakeholders.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Informs and/or updates executives, peers and subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Enters, transcribes, records, stores, or maintains information in written or electronic form.
- Works with other people to gather the information necessary to manage projects, achieve goals, and resolve problems.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Oversees all PMS systems in place (and future)
· We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and make employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation and gender identity or any other protected class.
· Visa Requirements: All candidates must be in possession of identification providing authorization to work in the United States as defined in the immigration Reform and Control Act of 1968 (IRCA). This position does not offer sponsorship or Work Visas.
· Please include with your resume your salary requirements