The Hilton Americas-Houston is a Hilton "Award of Excellence" winner 8 years running! Our AAA Four-diamond hotel is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Houston, and is connected to the George R. Brown Convention Center via two indoor skywalks.
Our Green Seal-certified (first in TX!) property boasts 1207 rooms with more than 90k Sq Ft of meeting space. We take pride in maintaining our infrastructure - both front and heart of house - and have a robust capital plan for the future.
Our Director of Engineering
oversees a team of nearly 40 team members The ideal candidate will have substantial experience with capital projects and large scale renovations. Large property management level experience required, union experience preferred. What will I be doing?
As Director Engineering
with Hilton Americas-Houston you would be responsible for directing and overseeing the functionality and safety of the facility to protect the well-being of all guests and team members.
- Direct and oversee the functionality and safety of the facility, including, but not limited to, physical buildings, mechanical equipment, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, life safety systems and grounds according to federal, state and local regulations
- Conduct facility inspections
- Assign, verify and document completion of all routine maintenance and repairs in the property maintenance management system Direct, oversee and maintain required documentation for energy management and conservation and preventive maintenance programs
- Lead, manage and communicate information about capital projects and property rehabilitations, including, but not limited to, scheduling, budgeting and complying with contractor bidding standards
- Obtain required licenses and permits to ensure full compliance with codes, regulations and safety standards
- Direct daily department operations including, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, inventory management and cost controls, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, adherence to federal, state and local standards and meeting participation and facilitation
- Acts as a liaison between hotel and vendors to review latest in hotel technology and products.
- Attends Engineering conventions to educate self in latest products to be used in the hotel to increase guest satisfaction and cut costs.
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
Meaningful Benefits for Your Career and Well Being
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
We support the well-being and performance of Team Members with industry-leading rewards, recognition and support:
• Competitive Salary
• Best-In-Class PTO (paid time off)
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Health and Welfare Benefit Plans
• 401(k) + match
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Go Hilton - Team Member Travel Discounts
*This information is a highlight of the major benefits offered. Wages, retirement and paid time off benefits are specific to your location and position.
Keywords: engineer, maintenance engineer,, hotel chief engineer, chief engineer, building engineer, hotel engineer, maintenance, maintenance engineer, maintenance technician, engineering manager, engineering supervisor, director of engineering, assistant director of engineering, building maintenance, foreman, construction supervisor, union foreman, construction, carpenter, electrician, plumber, hvac, boiler, chiller, repair, handyman