In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Deering Bay Yacht and Country Club in Coral Gables, Florida is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of full-time Director of Membership, Sales and Marketing. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Located on Biscayne Bay in beautiful Coral Gables, FL, the Deering Bay Yacht & CC presents a remarkable opportunity for a seasoned Director of Membership & Marketing. Our Club features an 18 hole, Arnold Palmer Signature golf course and seven Har-Tru tennis courts. The Club is in the midst of a $7 Million renovation to double the of the fitness and group exercise rooms, renovate the member’s bar/lounge and ladies card room. We are also adding a casual outdoor dining venue centrally located to golf, tennis and the junior d Olympic swimming pool.
Directs all sales, marketing and public relations efforts to include the membership approval processes. Ensures accuracy of memberships file systems and accounting procedures and coordinates new member introduction into the club. Works closely with all club departments
• Responsible for membership sales and public relations in the club while working closely with the General Manager and Board in developing membership programs and annual marketing strategies.
• Develops and leads a strategic membership development program designed to increase total membership count and membership dues revenue.
• Responsible for achieving annual budgeted sales goals and for monitoring business volume forecast while planning accordingly for manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
• Serves as a liaison between membership and operations of the club.
• Conducts tours for prospective members as appropriate and actively moves them through the sales cycle towards a closing.
• Assists in the development and implementation of advertising and promotional campaigns designed to generate membership sales.
• Develops and ensures proper maintenance of an accurate contact management system including call records, database and activity management.
• Ensures membership records are properly maintained on all members.
• Prepares monthly membership reports required by General Manager, Board/Committees and support team.
• Assists in coordination of all club events to include invitations, mailings and other publicity. Maintains and develop strong relationships with current members to encourage participation in club events and maintain a high level of member satisfaction. Participates in events to ensure member engagement, identify and capture additional opportunities for member recruitment and/or retention.
• Effectively communicates with management and associates to increase knowledge of membership goals, membership satisfaction, membership retention and activities.
• Networks with community partners including, but not limited to: Chamber of Commerce, local tourism councils, exchange clubs, local corporate executives, business leaders, and media contacts.
• Oversees preparation of monthly member newsletter with input given by each department.
• Available to step in as needed in the General Manager’s absence, when appropriate.
• Manages department members which may include, but is not limited to: Membership Coordinator & Communications Manager.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Takes a leadership position in developing ongoing training programs for the department.
• Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major emphasis in sales, marketing, public relations, psychology or sociology is preferred.
• Minimum four (4) years’ experience in sales, marketing or public relations in the private club, hospitality or related field is preferred.
• Possesses outstanding human relation skills.
• Presents a professional appearance and demeanor in all exchanges.
• Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have excellent organizational and time management skills, along with the ability to coordinate details and prioritize the work on a daily and weekly basis.
|Address||13610 Deering Bay Drive, Miami, FL, 33158 View map|