In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
The Director of Marketing and eCommerce oversees all Marketing Planning & Execution strategies. Accountable for the development, management, execution, and measurement of all aspects of the marketing/branding strategies to include, but not limited to: Positioning, Marketing Budgets, Social Media, Websites, Advertising, Collateral, and Content. All efforts should be focused on maximizing performance. Success measures include budget achievement, increasing topline revenue, optimizing expenses, and achieving channel/market share objectives. As a member of the Corporate Team, reporting directly to the VP of Sales and Marketing with dotted line to VP Operations and Ownership. This role requires regular interaction with the each hotel's General Manager, Director of Sales, Director of Revenue Management, Director of Finance, Director of Food & Beverage, and Director of Spa. This position is a managerial role that is responsible for the hiring, development, and success of the on-property marketing team. Our ideal candidate is an energetic marketing professional who thrives on creativity and strategic planning. This individual encompasses the following skillsets: Branding / Positioning Channel Marketing Strategy Storytelling from Data/ Ability to Engage Others / Presentation Skills/ Project Management/ Agency Management/ Leadership & People Management.
· Marketing and eCommerce Planning & Strategy Branding & Positioning: Establishes all messaging, positioning and marketing strategies, understanding the impact to each hotel's business mix, customer, and commercial strategy. Also delivers content and messaging that meets brand standards.
· Plan & Budget: Develops strategic marketing plans and establish annual marketing budgets along with the General Manager, Director of Sales, Director of Revenue Management, Director of Food & Beverage, and Director of Spa. Marketing plans should be annual, monthly and by segment of deployment inclusive of cost and deployment strategies (traditional, digital, and/or social media) through the review of competitive data, demand analysis and market mix management. B2B Sales & Catering Marketing Support: Collaborates with the Director of Sales to provide marketing support to all sales-impacted market segments, including but not limited to, BT (Business Transient) accounts, GDS, B2B Groups, TMCs and Luxury Consortia. Liaison with C&E (Catering & Events) Team to support menu design and B2B marketing efforts for local and group catering.
· On-Property Experiences: Works alongside operations to develop the strategic direction of curated on-property experiences and activations. Market Research: conducts market-level research, such as SWOT analysis, competitive set studies, and paid marketing surveys to test current and/or new service levels and product concepts.
· Content & Asset Strategy: Manages the strategic direction on all consumer-facing marketing materials, including but not limited to: Website Content, 3 rd Party Sites, Digital & Print Advertising, On-Property & In-Room Collateral, and Sales Tools.
· Agency Management: Responsible for the agency vetting process, agency relationship/management, and ensuring agency alignment to the wider strategic plan and goals. Agencies may include a social media agency, creative agency, PR agency, and/or media buying agency.
· Reporting: Works with Revenue Management to utilize data to make strategic decisions focused on optimizing performance.
· Partnerships: Works with and leverages internal corporate partners including but not limited to Brand Marketing, Regional Leaders, and the eCommerce Consulting Group (ECG). External Partnerships: Identifies partnership/sponsorship opportunities for joint outreach that align to the hotel's positioning.
· 10+ years of combined marketing, advertising, and/or ecommerce marketing experience. Prior experience analyzing marketing and eCommerce reports is required Prior hotel/travel industry experience preferred.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Principals only.
The above statements are intended to be generally descriptive but not exhaustive of all functions. The omission of a specific duty does not exclude it from the position if work is similar, related or logically assigned. Moreover, the description is subject to change as the needs of the employer or position change. The employer is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will comply with the ADA to make reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals. Qualified individuals are encouraged to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Job Type: Full-time
|Address||1775 Hancock Street, San Diego, CA View map|