Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club is looking for a Director of Guest Services to join the team!
Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club is located in Orange County, California in the coastal town of Dana Point adjacent to Laguna Beach. When you join this team you will be living on one of the nation's top vacation destinations with year-round sunshine, pictureque beaches, premire attractions and a lively dining and arts scene. The city of Dana Point played an iconic role in the emergence of California;s surf culture and today is celebrated for its laid-back vibe and fun, active lifestyle. Perched on 175 acres atop a 150-foot seaside bluff, this AAA Five Diamond property boasts 400+ rooms, 110,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting space combined, and 8 dining options.
The Director of Guest Services manages a team of up to 30+ and oversees the day-to-day operations of arrivals and departures, managing Bell Services, Valet, and Concierge. The position will report directly into the Director of Rooms and be responsible for organizing the front drive activity, with a big focus on the flawless execution of the prearrival process. At least 3-5 years of Front Office or Guest Services leadership experience is required. The ideal candidate for this exciting role will be a driven leader with a passion for providing exceptional service, a keen eye for detail, and a talent for building relationships. Luxury hotel experience is required, and Forbes service training is a plus!
For more information on the property, please visit: What will I be doing?
As a Director of Guest Service, you would be responsible for directing and administering of all Guest Service operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Direct and administer all Guest Service operations to include, but not limited to, excellence in arrival and departure process, lead the valet, bell and door operations and guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Monitor and assess service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Initiate and implement marketing and up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities to maximize room occupancy and overall revenue
- Implement and monitor all corporate marketing programs
- Ensure team members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and events
- Run and complete daily reports, analyze data and make decisions based on data
- Resolve guest issues and concerns to guest satisfaction
- Recruit, interview and train team members
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!