In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
This position is based in Sedona, Arizona. Relocation assistance is provided.
The Director of Guest Services is responsible for overseeing Guest Services and Valet/Bell Attendants to ensure customer satisfaction, quality service and compliance with company policies and procedures while meeting/exceeding financial goals. In this role, the Director of Guest Services is responsible for providing excellent service oversight to our guests while maximizing room revenue and productivity and developing Managers and team members in these departments as the Front Office Department Head. Any guest or team member issues will involve their direction.
* Approach all encounters with guests and team members in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Comply with all safety standards to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Responsible for all incentive paid outs for the Front Office department including upsells, concierge commissions, bell attendant porterage.
* Liaise with Assistant General Manager and General Manager on all issues/feedback raised in internal and external reports as it pertains to guest satisfaction.
* Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents arising in person or through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
* Motivate, coach and counsel all front office team members according to hotel standards.
* Prepare and conduct all front office interviews and follow hiring procedures.
* Develop team members and ensure training of front office team members.
* Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, team members and other departments.
* Monitor oversold dates to ensure the maximization of rooms revenue.
* Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily, i.e. flash report, allowances, etc.
* Attend weekly Rooms, Operations, BEOs, Resume, and Leaders Meetings.
* Monitor expenses to ensure expense control and maximize profit, using checkbook accounting as a control mechanism.
* Monitor and ensure compliance with SOP's in Rooms and Loss Prevention.
* Conduct walk-throughs of public areas and guestrooms to ensure that cleanliness and maintenance standards are met.
* Coordinate major projects such as renovations, capital expenditures, equipment change-overs, etc.
* Complete performance reviews for front office team members and ensure that managers are in compliance with the standards in their administration of performance reviews to their team members.
* Monitor labor expenses through schedule approval process and ensure budgeted productivity.
* Prepare and coach front office team members for succession through development of their need areas.
* Work closely with Rooms Division including Housekeeping, Engineering, Security, and Valet to ensure efficient and effective operations and to continuously improve service.
* At least 4 years of progressive front office operations experience and 3 years in a managerial role
* A 4-year college degree preferred; or a 2-year college degree and 6 or more years of related experience.
* Must be proficient with OPERA PMS
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
|Address||100 Amara Ln, Sedona, AZ, 86336 View map|