Provides guidance and leadership to the Front Office Team, ensuring consistent compliance to Hotel policies, and quality customer service while maximizing departmental profits.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Implements and manages the Front Office daily quality process including goal communication, staff member improvement, and compliance with standards of product and performance, service recovery and problem prevention. Disseminates feedback from comment cards, guest satisfaction and service failure measurements and coaches accordingly.
* Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff. Assigns and instructs Assistant Front Office Managers in details of work. Observes performance and encourages improvement. Monitors Hotel traffic and makes staffing adjustments accordingly. Supervises and reviews cost and inventory.
* Fields guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Prepares written correspondence to customers. Listens and extends assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, guest room opportunities, etc. Remains calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy Hotel activity. Plans and implements detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
* Supervise the budgeting, forecasting, training, motivation and staffing of Front Office and Guest Service.
* Prepares Forecast expenses and actual results for the Front Office revenue and expenses. Reviews Security and MOD logs daily for significant incidents, reports to the Assistant General Manager and coordinates with all departments to insure enforcement of policy and/or improvements in service needed.
* Works closely with the Assistant General Manager in establishing and monitoring policies and guidelines in the day-to-day operation of the Front Desk to ensure profitability and consistency. Solves through initiative and reasoned judgments problems of detail that come up in the course of the work.
* Maintains open channels of positive communications for all levels (line employees through General Manager) and monitors employee relations.
* Maintains MOD program
* Maintains Positive, cooperative relations with F/B dept, working with F/B Manager to continually refine and improve offerings.
* Establishes and maintains positive civic, community, governmental and local business contacts.
* Aids in establishing a positive relationship between Hotels and the property owners.
* Ensure all required licenses, permits, contracts, insurance inspections, are in proper order, with the assistance of legal counsel and Controller.
* Ensure the prompt and proper submission of all corporate, divisional and governmental reports required.
* Survey and perform property inspections on a daily basis by visually identifying areas of the Hotel for needed improvements such as guest rooms, public areas and restaurant.
Specific Job Knowledge and Skills:
Requires the exercise of considerable managerial skill as position involves frequent decisions, meeting of deadline, negotiations of contracts of vendors, analytical ability and the planning, organization development and coordination of large-scale work projects.
Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
Complex mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare complex mathematical calculations without error, i.e. budgets, forecasting.
Ability to listen effectively and to speak English clearly.
Ability to be mobile for significant distances between and within buildings on the property.
Hearing and visual ability to observe performance and detect signs of emergency situations and respond with proper action.
Ability to read and communicate verbally and in writing and prepare complex occupancy reports
* Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
* Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends and/or holidays.
* All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
* Employee is always required to take on the responsibility and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined by position and duties.
* Complies with health and safety rules, regulations and procedures to maintain a safe environment.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge of skills and abilities.
Minimum of four years hotel management experience of Manager or above.
Licenses or certificates:
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Additional language ability preferred.
NOTE: While the list of essential duties is intended to be as inclusive as possible, there may be other duties that are essential to the position.