In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Situated in Downtown's Second Street District, Austin Proper Hotel and Residences is the newest luxury lifestyle hotel in Austin, just steps from Lady Bird Lake, the legendary Austin City Limits music venue and nearby boutiques. With inspiring interiors by Kelly Wearstler and culinary offerings in collaboration with McGuire Moorman Hospitality, Austin Proper offers 244 rooms and suites, a dedicated spa and fitness center, and 14,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces, including a rooftop pool deck offering small-batch tequilas and majestic lake views. Anything less just wouldn't be Proper.
The Director of Food & Beverage will oversee and manage the daily operations of all outlets, creating and maintaining established quality and service standards, maximizing profits and controlling expenses. This position requires exceptional leadership and vision. The Director of Food & Beverage is responsible for fostering and developing an exciting, positive, results-based environment for the food & beverage team. Must possess strong personal organization, genuine hospitality, and care for staff. Understands and implements contemporary luxury/lifestyle standards.
- Directly oversee the hiring, training, coaching, development, and discipline for F&B staff
- Seek new opportunities and devises strategies for the improvement of the F&B operations
- Create and maintain procedural protocol for F&B Operations
- Maintain the quality and consistency of the guest experience
- Responsible for Food and Beverage financial performance including but not limited to: annual budgeting and operating plans, covers/revenue goals and achieving budgeted expense targets
- Liaise with all hotel departments to represent F&B operations
- Maintain compliance with departmental policies, procedures, and standards
- Oversee operations in compliance with legal and regulatory agency requirements - Oversee the completion of operations reports, financial documentation, guest correspondence, human resources / staff management paperwork, operations evaluations, standard operating procedures, safety and sanitations checklists, ordering and inventory documentation, and PR/marketing tasks
Minimum 10 years of Hotel or Resort Food & Beverage Management experience required. Previous Director of Food & Beverage experience also required.
Bachelor's Degree required.
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn't proper. We are seeking out the "best of the best" from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding above all.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category.
Proper Hospitality will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Chance Hiring Ordinances.
|Address||600 W 2nd Street, Austin, CA, 78701 View map|