The Bristol Hotel is looking for a dynamic Director of Food and Beverage to oversee the culinary and front-of-the-house operations. Our F&B offerings include LUMAC, our Rooftop Bar & Lounge, and Vivian's Table our 3-meal a day restaurant, as well as our Banquets and Catering department.
Bristol, TN/VA is an up-and-coming market and we are looking for a creative, talented, hands-on Director of Food & Beverage to lead a team of up to 50 employees.
Compensation is based on experience.
The Director of Food and Beverage is responsible for maintaining a profitable department with high-quality products and exceptional service levels. The Director of Food and Beverage is expected to generate ideas to promote business, foster a positive work environment with low turnover, maintain revenue and payroll budgets, and meet budgeted productivity while delivering the highest levels of service in a fine dining atmosphere.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty.
- The Director of Food and Beverage will monitor industry trends, take appropriate action to maintain a competitive and profitable operation, including updating beverage lists and menu items as necessary;
- Prepare the F&B budget and monitor department performance accordingly;
- Work with the General Manager and keep informed of F&B issues as they arise;
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of loss prevention in the F&B department, conduct monthly inventories, and research any cost variances to budget;
- Comply with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations;
- Interview candidates for front-of-house F&B positions and follow standards for hiring approvals;
- Conduct daily shift meetings, monthly departmental meetings, and ensure on-going guest service training and compliance of SOP and personal appearance standards;
- The Director of Food and Beverage will conduct and/or attend all required meetings, including pre-event and post-event meetings;
- Provide employees with the training, tools, and environment they need to deliver an exceptional fine dining experience;
- Develop and implement strategies and practices that support employee engagement;
- Maintain product consistency by conducting inspections of seasonings, portions, and appearance of food;
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
GUEST SERVICE & SATISFACTION
- The Director of Food and Beverage will create an unforgettable dining experience in the restaurant and the banquet facilities;
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner;
- Actively participate in all hotel required meetings and training;
- Maintain high standards of The Hotel’s personal appearance and grooming requirements.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions;
- The Director of Food and Beverage must be effective in handling problems, developing a positive departmental culture, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary;
- Perform other duties as requested by management