In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
WS Management is seeking to add a Director of Finance to the Corporate Office. We create an engaging and supportive work environment, which has proven to attract and retain exceptional team members, resulting in maximized profitability and growth for the organization. We are a young and growing company… (7) hotels open and operating and more on the way! Someone who is innately Entrepreneurial results-driven, motivated, and a self-starter will find a happy home here.
The Director of Finance is responsible for managing our properties financial health and Accounting Dept. and its team members to ensure accuracy of all financial data. Safeguards the assets and prepares all financial reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Uniform System of Accounts 11 Edition. Must have experience with Select Service Properties. Responsible for activities related to budget, forecast, profit and loss reporting, and balancing ledgers for operating and balance sheet accounts. Also responsible for income audit, cashiering, accounts payable processing, collections, tax compliance, payroll, and month-end processing. Analyzes data and maintains property accounts.
• Manages subordinate Finance team members related to finance, financial reporting, internal controls, payroll/incentives, accounting, etc.
• Responsible for general accounting including month end closing and financial statement preparation. Posts journal entries and reviews those made by other team members. Reviews reconciliations of balance sheet accounts and monthly and quarterly inventory reconciliation for accuracy. Prepares the annual plan, budget and forecasts throughout the year.
• Performs internal audit functions such as review of daily rebates and Daily Revenue Reports. Directs the development and implementation of internal controls to ensure the security of property assets and the accurate recording of assets, liabilities, income, expenses and other transactions. Audits internal financial controls to ensure compliance with SOPs to include purchasing, cash handling, receipts, disbursements, payroll and team member records.
• Accounts Payable--Posts month-end accrual, prepaid and other journal entries to comply with GAAP and Accrual Accounting Methodology. Reviews reclassification of expenses, adjustments, voided checks and manual checks for accuracy. Signs checks as assigned.
• Prepares and coordinates monthly and quarterly tax payments and reports with taxation authorities. Liaises with taxation department in regard to all tax related matters with assistance of the Corporate Director of Finance.
• Ensures all property licenses/permits are renewed on a timely basis. Tracks expiration dates and notifies management of deadlines.
• Monitors and approves all sales, purchases, salaries, and expenses of the property. Assists and counsels department heads in the interpretation of financial data and recommends courses of action to maximize profitability.
• Calculates incentives using data provided, incentive worksheets, and incentive plans. Submits information for incentive checks on timely basis.
• Prepares reports generated by the department, including monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports. Reviews revenue reports produced by all departments. Utilizes corporate approved computer programs to analyze forecasts, cost and revenue reports. Makes decisions and takes action based on that information to maximize profitability.
• Manages property’s accounts receivables. Processes credit applications, conducts credit checks, invoices and directs collection efforts. Verifies and balances credit card merchant statements.
Qualifications (relevant Experience, Education And Training)
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance REQUIRED
• Five + years in Hotel Managerial Finance Position REQUIRED
• Possess strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) Ability and experience in successfully leading and coordinating staff in a high volume, time sensitive environment.
|Address||1050 20th Street, Sacramento, CA, USA View map|