Sage Hospitality Group is set to hire a Director of Finance to oversee hotel and restaurant operations finance for the Sheraton Austin at the Capitol.
Centrally located in downtown, Sheraton Austin features 367 beautifully appointed guest rooms, Brand new club lounge offering an extended hot continental breakfast and daily evening hors d'oeuvres and a state-of-the-art fitness facility. Conveniently located in the heart of Austin, walk to restaurants, music venues and bars. Only a 3-minute drive to the University of Texas Campus. Easy access on and off of I-35 for a short commute to and from Austin Bergstrom International Airport.
As part of Sage Hospitality Group, we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We believe in enriching lives one experience at a time. More than a slogan, we empower our employees to make positive impacts on the communities in which we live and work. By providing genuine service we build relationships with our guests and value for our shareholders, and we create unforgettable experiences.
We are looking for independent thinkers. Those who harness their entrepreneurial spirit so that it breaks preconceived notions. We're not afraid to forge our own path. After all, it's what industry leaders do. That's why we welcome risk takers and creative spirits alike. No matter your daily role, Sage recognizes that your success is about more than the work you do-it's really about who you are, which is why we invest in your personal and professional growth. We hope you consider joining us! Job Overview
The Director of Finance is the financial leader of the hotel. Oversees all areas in finance, especially payroll, budgeting, forecasting and relevant duties. Demonstrates excellent leadership skills and provides accurate and timely financial reports as requested by leadership and corporate. Implements internal control procedures that safeguard leaders, owner, assets and complies with Federal, State and Local regulations.Responsibilities
- Readily assist in the operation of each leaders department and special projects. Identifies risks and presents solutions that guides leaders in making effective decisions that meets the financial interests of the hotels.
- Develops annual operating budget, operating plan and financial goals. Achieves budgeted revenues, costs and profits through accounting diligence and expenditure controls and proficient accounting practices.
- Set written priorities and key objectives for each department head quarterly including action plan and completion date. Follow up to assure successful implementation and follow-through and take corrective action in the event of failure to meet assigned objectives.
- Monthly forecasting of operating staff and cost expenditures. Business planning in line with forecasted sales and costs including guidance to department heads.
- Monthly review of financial statement in order to correct problems, assure spending is in line and to plan for future business. Review and approve all expenses in "other expense" categories in all departments. Regularly review all major expenses to assure that monies are wisely expended.
- Promotes associate moral and loyalty within their department and hotel, leading to reduced turnover. Communicate, counsel and assist in staff development. Visible and available to all associates in accordance with the Company's open door policy. Attend monthly department employee meetings whenever possible.
- Conduct performance appraisal and personal development plans for management staff. Identify substandard performance of individual managers and outline improvement action, including taking corrective or disciplinary measures.
- Assure level of experience, knowledge and ability to meet job requirements of all hotel management. Cost Controls Review controls and assure adherence at all times in order to protect the hotel's property/assets.
- Review sales solicitation activities, room nights productivity and group room rates sold by sales. Review individual productivity and corrective actions are taken. Evaluate market mix and take action in order to best position the hotel for increased business. Involvement in sales solicitation of key accounts by reviewing contracts, meeting with sales department, visit key account contacts in person and by phone.
A four-year college degree (accounting preferred) or equivalent education/experience.Experience
Experience required by position is five to ten years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).Knowledge/Skills
- Requires knowledge of all hotel accounting functions performed by the subordinate reporting directly or indirectly.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the accounting, finance and hospitality professions.
- Requires ability to analyze activities or information involving some original data manipulation or interpretation to arrive at logical conclusions.
- Office Management, Bank Reconciliations, Preparation of State and Federal Reports, Training of Accounting staff employees, Conducting or participating in meetings, Analysis of Balance Sheet Accounts, Preparation of Journal entries, closing the books and preparing the Balance, Sheet Package.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying -limited lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying up to 15-20 lbs. Generally boxes, computer equipment.
- Bending/kneeling -limited bending/kneeling required when arranging supplies or equipment.
- Mobility -limited mobility between offices and departments. No continuous standing, climbing or driving.
- Excellent hearing required to train and interact with management and associates.
- Excellent vision required to read reports, computer, etc.
Work inside 95% of work period.Benefits
- Eligible to participate in Sage bonus plan.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Eligible to participate in the Company's 401(k) program with employer matching
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Paid FMLA leave for up to a period of 12 weeks
- Employee Assistance Program
- Great discounts on Hotels, Restaurants, and much more.
- Eligible to participate in the Employee Referral Bonus Program. Up to $1,000 per referral.