In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Director of Finance
The Equinox Golf Resort, Manchester Vermont
*RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE*
(Position is based at the property in Manchester, Vermont)
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Nestled in the Green Mountain National Forest in Manchester, Vermont, The Equinox has played host to American Revolutionaries, U.S. presidents and generations of vacationing families. We’re a four-season resort and playground for outdoor adventurers, offering a diversity of activities for every inclination. When it’s time to relax, comfortable accommodations with contemporary amenities provide the perfect place to unwind and recharge.
Director of Finance Position Summary
The ideal Director of Finance candidate would understand how to direct the daily, weekly and monthly reporting process in compliance with Management and Ownership requirements as well as how to develop accurate and timely forecasts including labor management along with other departments.
Scope of this Position
● Director of Finance is an executive level position, responsible and accountable for financial reporting to Ownership and Management Company, accounting controls, and accounting systems.
● Implement and oversee tight financial controls throughout property.
● Report financial results to owners and management in accordance with hotel Accounting Principles each month.
● Develop annual budget procedures and guidelines each year.
● Schedule and conduct annual audit.
● The Director of Finance will direct the daily, weekly and monthly reporting process in compliance with Management and Ownership requirements.
● Develop accurate and timely forecasts including labor management along with other departments
● Direct control of costs and expenses in all areas. Task master.
● Oversee compliance of local, state and federal laws.
● The Director of Finance will oversee risk management program, including all insurances.
● High degree of owner contact.
● Oversee financial training of all management.
● In preparing for this position, candidate ideally will have worked in at least the following departments or positions: Hotel/Resort Controller
● Requires a minimum of 5 year(s) of experience.
● The Director of Finance must have experience at properties of similar size and quality.
● Position will be required to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and week-ends.
● Manage capital expenditures according to budget
Director of Finance Job Requirements
● Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
● Director of Finance candidates should have five years experience as a hotel/resort controller overseeing multiple revenue
● MBA/CPA/CHAE certifications are desirable.
● Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
● Director of Finance candidates should have solid training in all areas of Accounting from A/P, A/R, General Ledger, Credit, Collections, Audit, Inventory control, Payroll, Budgeting, Costing, P&L preparation and analysis, etc.
● Work closely with Front Office, Reservations, Sales and F&B Department to assist them in identifying optimum ways to drive revenues while balancing market segments.
● Actively involved in yield management and revenue enhancement.
● Oversee consolidation of budgets and projections.
● Assist Departments in budget preparation.
● Provide management with operational reports.
● Prepare and review daily reports. Responsible for IS/MIS function.
● Responsible for IS/MIS, Telecommunications, and purchasing.
● Identify and recommend software applications.
● Review leases, contracts, agreements, subcontracts, and licenses from accounting perspective.
● Director of Finance candidates should have the ability to manage change effectively.
● Ability to conceptualize the mission.
● Provide leadership to position the property to achieve the mission.
● Develop and implement business plan.
● Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
● Director of Finance candidates should have the ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers, and employees.
● Experience making presentations in front of groups.
● Maintain a good working relationship with guests, groups, and personnel from other departments.
● Demonstrate team building experience.
● Track record promoting an atmosphere of teamwork.
● Demonstrate ability to lead by example.
● A mentor who has inspired, trained, and developed people for promotion. Solid career progression up through the ranks.
● Instill a "can-do" attitude in employees. Experience training and cross-training employees.
● BA/BS 4-5 year degree or foreign equivalency.
● Specific degree in Accounting or Finance
|Address||3567 Main Street, Manchester Village, VT, 5254 View map|