Novotel Miami Brickell is a modern and elegant hotel that provides guest with excellent convenience, Miami-style comfort and breathtaking views out to Biscayne Bay. The Hotel consists of 275 rooms that spread throughout the 12 floors and 5,000 sq ft of meeting and conference space, located steps to the fashionable Brickell district. From our front door, our valued guests discover convenient access to the very best of Downtown Miami, from the area's top businesses, outstanding shopping, an eclectic dining and nightlife scene, world-class art, and more. Novotel Miami Brickell is the perfect choice for savvy travelers. Director of Finance
As our Director of Finance, you are a multi-tasker and are able to work independently, performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative duties to support your team. You will direct the accounting and finance functions of the hotel. Ensuring the integrity of the management of information systems. Timely reporting operating results to the General Manager and owner investment. What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Prepare the financial statements within the period's supplies in the corporate closing schedule and according to the Accor Policies and Procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the Uniform System of Accounts.
- Analyze and interpret financial results in order to assist and advise the General Manager, A3 (ownership representative) and the Accor Corporate Team.
- Maintain balance sheet analysis on at least a quarterly basis and preferably on a monthly basis with full supporting detail.
- Prepare accurate cash flow statements and projections on a monthly basis and on request.
- Maximize working capital and cash flow statements and projections on a monthly basis and on request.
- Ensure successful treasury cash management as set forth in the policies and procedures manual.
- Ensure compliance with management agreements and contracts and attendant legal documents. Understanding how those documents translate into financial responsibilities and how they may effect both the hotel's and Corporate's financial position.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving-the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
Your experience and skills include:
- Interpersonal Skills-the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication-the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Written Communication-the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing-the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control-the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability-the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability-the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security-the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Your team and working environment:
- A graduate degree in business or equivalent.
- 3 years experience in a similar position with thin the hospitality industry.
- Previous experience financial reports, P&L and balance sheet.
- Prior experience working with Accounting Systems and POS (Sun, Opera, Silverware)
- A passionate and inspired team that creates unique experiences for all they meet.
- We recognize and celebrate our team and individual success