Sage Hospitality Group is looking for a Director of Finance at The Hutton Hotel. We are never looking for someone just looking for a job, we are looking for the power players, the people who want to rise to the top. Sage allows for opportunities for growth and personal fulfillment, paying attention to the parts that keep us human and happy. We want to attract and retain associates that are engaged in our culture, passionate about hospitality and excited to enrich lives, one experience at a time. Sage Hospitality Group was founded on a spirit of bold individuality. By going our own way, we have created some of the world's best hotels, restaurants, and experiences. But the truth is, none of it would have happened without people like you. People who follow their own path, who are hungry to learn and who love their community. People who do not sit around and wait, they just do. You belong here.
A successful Director of Finance at the Hutton Hotel will:
- Have a proven track record of being a DOF in a medium sized (
- Be focused on operating efficiencies, cash flow and owner return.
- Own P&L and is a partner with GM/Ownership in creatively and pro-actively managing resources, best practices, and expenses with an ability to pivot and think strategically.
- Have a rigorous commitment to accuracy and detail.
- Jump in and perform accounting / finance functions while also leading a team and department heads.
- Not afraid to challenge existing practices for improvement.
- Have experience with a licensed third-party F&B operator and/or entertainment venue is a plus.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? If you are currently a Director of Finance or someone who is ready to make that leap into this role, apply today! Sage Hospitality Group is looking for top talent and we look forward to hearing from you!Job Overview
The Director of Finance is the financial leader of the hotel. Oversees all areas in finance, especially payroll, budgeting, forecasting and relevant duties. Demonstrates excellent leadership skills and provides accurate and timely financial reports as requested by leadership and corporate. Implements internal control procedures that safeguard leaders, owner, assets and complies with Federal, State and Local regulations.Responsibilities
- Readily assist in the operation of each leader's department and special projects. Identifies risks and presents solutions that guides leaders in making effective decisions that meets the financial interests of the hotels.
- Develops annual operating budget, operating plan, and financial goals. Achieves budgeted revenues, costs and profits through accounting diligence and expenditure controls and proficient accounting practices.
- Set written priorities and key objectives for each department head quarterly including action plan and completion date. Follow up to assure successful implementation and follow-through and take corrective action in the event of failure to meet assigned objectives.
- Monthly forecasting of operating staff and cost expenditures. Business planning in line with forecasted sales and costs including guidance to department heads.
- Monthly review of financial statement in order to correct problems, assure spending is in line and to plan for future business. Review and approve all expenses in "other expense" categories in all departments. Regularly review all major expenses to assure that monies are wisely expended.
- Promotes associate moral and loyalty within their department and hotel, leading to reduced turnover. Communicate, counsel, and assist in staff development. Visible and available to all associates in accordance with the Company's open-door policy. Attend monthly department employee meetings whenever possible.
- Conduct performance appraisal and personal development plans for management staff. Identify substandard performance of individual managers and outline improvement action, including taking corrective or disciplinary measures.
- Assure level of experience, knowledge, and ability to meet job requirements of all hotel management. Cost Controls Review controls and assure adherence at all times in order to protect the hotel's property/assets.
- Review sales solicitation activities, room nights productivity and group room rates sold by sales. Review individual productivity and corrective actions are taken. Evaluate market mix and take action in order to best position the hotel for increased business. Involvement in sales solicitation of key accounts by reviewing contracts, meeting with sales department, visit key account contacts in person and by phone.
A four-year college degree (accounting preferred) or equivalent education/experience.Experience
Experience required by position is five to ten years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).Knowledge/Skills
- Requires knowledge of all hotel accounting functions performed by the subordinate reporting directly or indirectly.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the accounting, finance and hospitality professions.
- Requires ability to analyze activities or information involving some original data manipulation or interpretation to arrive at logical conclusions.
- Office Management, Bank Reconciliations, Preparation of State and Federal Reports, Training of Accounting staff employees, Conducting or participating in meetings, Analysis of Balance Sheet Accounts, Preparation of Journal entries, closing the books and preparing the Balance, Sheet Package.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying -limited lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying up to 15-20 lbs. Generally boxes, computer equipment.
- Bending/kneeling -limited bending/kneeling required when arranging supplies or equipment.
- Mobility -limited mobility between offices and departments. No continuous standing, climbing or driving.
- Excellent hearing required to train and interact with management and associates.
- Excellent vision required to read reports, computer, etc.
Work inside 95% of work period.