The Legendary and Iconic Roosevelt New Orleans, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel is looking for a dynamic Director of Events to joini their amazing team!
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years hotel events expereince in a senior or director level role, highly preferred luxury background. What will I be doing?
As a Director of Events, you would be responsible for the strategic leadership of Group and Local Catering Sales and Event Management in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Direct Event Management team in the execution of negotiated group sales agreements and affiliate business solicitation
- Manage high profile and/or overflow group business, as appropriate
- Direct and administer all Group and Local Catering Sales and Event Management operations including, but not limited to, revenue maximization initiatives, market development, solicitation plans, meeting space and room block management, negotiation of supplier services, budgeting and forecasting, systems management, department management and meeting participation and facilitation
- Serve as primary liaison with Group Sales team and Events to ensure quality of booking criteria and contract integrity
- Foster relationships and communication between Event Managers and clients
- Direct daily department operations, guest conflict resolution, interaction with National Sales, Sales Technology Support and generation of corporate and hotel-level reports
- Lead, monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing professional development, providing supervision, conducting counseling and performance evaluations, providing professional development and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Perform duties of Event Manager, as needed
About The Roosevelt:
A name that is recognized worldwide for its grandeur and luxury, The Roosevelt New Orleans has a proud history of delivering impeccable service tailored to each and every guest. A legacy that lives on today, over 125 years after the hotel's opening.
Each of our 504 rooms is dressed in exquisite décor with modern amenities for an unforgettable stay.
60,000 square feet of amazing meeting space
Upscale Dining which includes a Roof Top Bar
Located just 1 Block from legendary Bourban Street What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!