, a Hilton Hotel is a symbol of elegance for more than 100 years!. Set in the prestigious Gold Coast neighborhood at the start of the Magnificent Mile, just footsteps from Oak Street Beach and Lake Michigan. No other Chicago hotel has inspired more legendary acclaim on par with The Drake. This timeless property affords guests easy access to the city's most exclusive shopping, nightlife and dining.
Due to a promotion, we are seeking a Director of Engineering/Property Operations
! This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to expand their portfolio and ready to take on a new challenge at our 535 room iconic hotel. Ideal candidates will have 3+ years of Director level Engineering/Facilities, union experience and medium to large hotel experience. What will I be doing?
As Director of Engineering/Property Operations
, you would be responsible for directing and overseeing the functionality and safety of the facility to protect the well-being of all guests and team members in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Direct and oversee the functionality and safety of the facility, including, but not limited to, physical buildings, mechanical equipment, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, life safety systems and grounds according to federal, state and local regulations
- Conduct facility inspections
- Assign, verify and document completion of all routine maintenance and repairs in the property maintenance management system
- Direct, oversee and maintain required documentation for energy management and conservation and preventive maintenance programs
- Lead, manage and communicate information about capital projects and property rehabilitations, including, but not limited to, scheduling, budgeting and complying with contractor bidding standard
- Obtain required licenses and permits to ensure full compliance with codes, regulations and safety standards.
- Direct daily department operations including, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, inventory management and cost controls, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, adherence to federal, state and local standards and meeting participation and facilitation
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values.
• Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
• Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
• Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
• Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
• Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
• Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
Meaningful Benefits for Your Career and Well Being
We support the well-being and performance of Team Members with industry-leading rewards, recognition and support to meet their needs:
• Competitive Salary & Bonus potential
• Best-In-Class PTO (paid time off)
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Health and Welfare Benefit Plans
• 401(k) + match
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Go Hilton - Team Member Travel Discounts
*This information is a highlight of the major benefits offered. Wages, retirement and paid time off benefits are specific to your location and position.
Keywords: engineer, maintenance engineer,, hotel chief engineer, chief engineer, building engineer, hotel engineer, maintenance, maintenance engineer, maintenance technician, engineering manager, engineering supervisor, director of engineering, assistant director of engineering, building maintenance, foreman, construction supervisor, union foreman, construction, carpenter, electrician, plumber, hvac, boiler, chiller, repair, handyman