A Platinum Club of America, Jonathan Club is a private social club founded in 1895. The Club's diverse member base enjoys fine dining, beach, athletics and wellness facilities, spa services, social events, and award shows. The selected ideal candidate will play the key part in making Jonathan Club an exceptional place its members could truly call a home away from home at the Santa Monica beach location.
The Director of Engineer at Jonathan Beach Club (“JBC”) is responsible for the vision, leadership, and management of the Engineering department and the team.
- Supervising and directing Engineering staff in the operation and maintenance of the mechanical and physical plant as well as contractors, sub-contractors, and service personnel.
- Ensuring that all systems are operating to standard, all property assets are maintained to the highest level and all legally mandated Life Safety operating systems/criteria/equipment as required by local ordinance.
- Ensuring maintenance of records of all maintenance/repairs performed as legally mandated
- Establishing schedules for, and oversees the performance of all preventive maintenance activities
- Performing periodic, walkthrough/visual inspections of all property assets to determine condition, establish maintenance priorities, and highlight areas where the need for improvement exists
- Overseeing and developing the Engineering Department(s) operating budget(s) according to guidelines established by the Club
- Establishing lists of future projects and priorities, for submission to Dir. Operations / Beach Club Manager for review and approval
- Overseeing activities of all outside contractors performing maintenance/repair/renovation operations to facility/fixed assets
- Interviews selects, trains, appraises, coaches, counsels, and disciplines departmental personnel according to Club standards