Sage Hotel Management is currently seeking an Director of Catering Convention Services
for two of our Autograph hotels, The Alexandrian and Morrison House located in Alexandria, Virginia.
At Sage Hotel Management, we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We are known amongst our staff, our owners, our guests, and our communities as leaders in our field who are authentic, humble, innovative, and flexible operators driven to anticipate needs and exceed expectations.
Sage's vision is to be recognized by our customers as the best in our business through ensuring a culture that "makes the ordinary extraordinary!" The ideal candidate should champion this culture in every touchpoint of our business from our associates, guests, owners, and communities. The service and courtesy you extend and promote daily will ensure a healthy and productive culture of serving others with excellence. Join us today!Job Overview
The Director of Catering and Conference Services directs all areas of catering sales and operations, including achieving goals and objectives, while analyzing potentials for business growth. Ensures all catering operations are in alignment with the direction of the Director of Sales, General Manager, Company, brand standards, and local, state and federal regulations. Ensures quality service, achieving financial goals and implementing short and long term strategies. Develops budget, marketing and business plans and capital expenditures.Responsibilities
- Leads catering teams and ensures performance, goals and objectives are achieved.
- Reviews Banquet Event Orders and group resumes with clients and hotel departments to ensure client needs are communicated.
- Maximizes current hotel key accounts by identifying and capturing those that offer revenue growth.
- Plans and implements an on-going Targeted Account Development "hit list" in order to create new revenue and acquire valuable hotel contacts, and contracts.
- Continually targets and prospects for new business through telemarketing, individual creativity and innovation.
- Utilizes yield management techniques by profitably negotiating room rates and function space commitments in order to enhance the hotel's financial performance.
- Maintains well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system in order to serve client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Develops strong customer relationships through frequent and professional communications.
- Capable of planning menus, working within budget guidelines, forecasting and understanding food and beverage costs.
- Develops customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system, including trace dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
- Promptly, within the same day or by 10am the next business day, follows-up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Focuses on revenue-producing activity and maximizes selling time by dedicating a minimum of 80% of work time on direct sales efforts.
- Controls expenses while traveling on the property's behalf in order to minimize department and hotel costs.
- Represents themselves, the hotel and Sage Hospitality Resources, Inc. with the highest level of integrity and professionalism, a service-focused approach, and a caring, sincere attitude at all times.
- Exhibit a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintains open communications with all coworkers for the best overall performance of the hotel.
- Displays a neat, clean, and business-like appearance at all times.
A four-year college degree or equivalent education/experience.Experience
More than two (2) full years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).Knowledge/Skills
- Requires a working knowledge of banquet/catering food and beverage service, policies or operations.
- Requires knowledge of computer equipment.
- Requires knowledge of general sales techniques, yield management, and customer service skills.
- May be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships with staff including maintain staff and guest confidentiality at all times
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to meet clients on and off premises, to tour property and attend functions, to climb stairs, and operate basic office equipment.
- Requires the ability to hear, speak, read and write English fluently.
- Excellent speech communication skills required for verbal interaction with guests and associates.
- Excellent literacy necessary to read BEOs, process gratuities and payroll, etc
Office environment, weather exposure when making sales calls