The Director of Catering will be responsible for strategically soliciting and developing new accounts, maintaining excellent rapport with existing accounts, and successfully promoting the hotel to the community; Responsible for managing all aspects of booking meetings and catering functions to include proposals, contracts, and detailing Banquet Event Orders. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years of experience in a full-service hotel and a strong background in guest relations. The Director must be able to develop and implement strategies with the hotel executive team in effort to exceed budget goals and established quotas. We are seeking an organized, personable, and business-minded individual with strong communication skills who can coordinate, plan, and oversee events in their totality in accordance with the standards of Hilton and Shaner Hotels.
5. High school diploma, Bachelor's degree preferred.
5. Minimum of five years of experience in sales and catering in a full-service hotel.
5. Hilton brand experience preferred.
5. Hotel opening experience a plus.
5. Strong attention to detail, and excellent oral and written communication skills
5. Excellent people management and problem resolution skills.
5. Superior guest satisfaction skills.
5. Basic knowledge of hospitality financials, reporting requirements and industry measurements. Knowledge of catering forecasting a plus.
5. Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.