Think about how much fun it would be to elevate your life and work at a sophisticated, independent hotel in the heart Music City just steps from Music Row.
Sage Hospitality Group is looking for an innovative Director of Catering for our amazing Hutton Hotel. We are never looking for someone just looking for a job, we are looking for the power players, the people who want to rise to the top. Sage allows for opportunities for growth and personal fulfillment, paying attention to the parts that keep us human and happy. We want to attract and retain associates that are engaged in our culture, passionate about hospitality and excited to enrich lives, one experience at a time. Sage Hospitality Group was founded on a spirt of bold individuality. By going our own way, we have created some of the world's best hotels, restaurants, and experiences. But the truth is, none of it would have happened without people like you. People who follow their own path, who are hungry to learn and who love their community. People who do not sit around and wait, they just do. You belong here.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? If you are currently a Director of Catering or someone who is ready to make that leap into this role, apply today! Sage Hospitality Group is looking for top talent and we look forward to hearing from you!Job Overview
Oversees the daily operations of the catering and group planning area to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service and compliance with local and corporate standard operating procedures. Captures and plans catering functions, small meetings with ten or less guestrooms and insures proper execution. Meets revenue expectations.Responsibilities
- Supervise catering/coordinator/event planning managers and related associates; interview, hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communications, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Meet with the customers to review the Banquet Event Orders and, where appropriate, group resumes, to review any changes, issues and/or problems to ensure delivery of a quality product.
- Calculate and review the banquet checks ensuring accuracy and present the check to the customer for signature to ensure payment.
- Calculate and prepare the daily gratuities and payroll ensuring accurate, prompt reporting to the Controller's department.
- Key Account Management: Maximizes current hotel key accounts by identifying and capturing those that offer revenue growth.
- Plans and implements an on-going Targeted Account Development "hit list" in order to create new revenue and acquire valuable hotel contacts, and contracts.
- Continually targets and prospects for new business through telemarketing, individual creativity and innovation.
- Yield Management: Utilizes yield management techniques by profitably negotiating room rates and function space commitments in order to enhance the hotel's financial performance.
- Account Service and Management: Maintains well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system in order to serve client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Develops strong customer relationships through frequent communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Capable of planning menus, working within budget guidelines, forecasting and understanding food and beverage costs.
- Develops customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system, including trace dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
- Promptly, within the same day or by 10am the next business day, follows-up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Time Management: Focuses on revenue-producing activity and maximizes selling time by dedicating a minimum of 80% of work time on direct sales efforts.
- Professionalism: Controls expenses while traveling on the property's behalf in order to minimize department and hotel costs.
- Represents themselves, the hotel and Sage Hospitality Resources, Inc. with the highest level of integrity and professionalism, a service-focused approach, and a caring, sincere attitude at all times.
- Exhibit a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintains open communications with all coworkers for the best overall performance of the hotel.
- Exhibits strong listening skills. Displays a neat, clean, and business-like appearance at all times.
More than two years of post -high school educationExperience
More than two (2) full years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).Knowledge/Skills
- Requires a working knowledge of banquet/catering food and beverage service, policies or operations.
- Requires knowledge of computer equipment.
- Requires knowledge of general sales techniques, yield management, and customer service skills.
- Requires the ability to hear, speak, read and write English fluently.
- Requires 12th grade level mathematics, spelling and reading skills.
- Must have dexterity/mobility to meet clients on and off premises, to tour property and attend functions, to climb stairs, and operate basic office equipment.
- Vision to read fine print and computer screens, to see colors, to observe rooms in poorly lit conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent hearing necessary for verbal interaction with guests and associates.
- Excellent vision necessary to view set-ups.
- Excellent speech communication skills required for verbal interaction with guests and associates.
- Excellent literacy necessary to read BEOs, process gratuities and payroll, etc
Office environment, weather exposure when making sales calls