Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
Highgate, in partnership with Major Food Group, has announced plans to open The Newbury Boston at One Newbury Street, located in the premier shopping and dining neighborhood of Boston's Back Bay. This iconic property originally opened in 1927 as one of the first Ritz-Carlton hotels in the U.S. and most recently was the Taj Boston. The building will be thoughtfully transformed into a 286-room luxury hotel with 16,000-sq-ft of stunning event spaces, signature dining experiences and a reimagined front entrance on Newbury Street. Employment Status
The Director of Banquets is responsible for assuring the entire operational service of all group, social, banquets and planned food and beverage events while maintaining a profitable operation and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to share ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high. Responsibilities
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the hotel's banquet operation.
- Supervise all banquet personnel.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Work with other F&B and catering managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in the banquet operation.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue, employee Schedules, quarterly actions plans.
- Monitor quality of service in banquet operations.
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations.
- Ensure compliance with SOP's in all outlets.
- Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
- Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with Highgate Hotel standards.
- Understand and be able to prepare payroll and tip distribution.
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training (CARE, One to One ), etc.
- Coordinate all banquet related food and beverage requirements with the appropriate departments.
- Keep kitchen informed of accurate counts for plating.
- Review menu/service with catering managers and banquet chef.
- Maintain up to date details on banquet functions and communicate to supervisors.
- Conduct ongoing training of captains/hourly employees to maintain standards of service.
- Make personal contact with guests and assist them with any requests.
- Supervise proper tabulation of all banquet checks and ensure that all checks are presented to guests for signature.
- Requisition liquor, etc. for banquet bars.
- Ensure safety, sanitation, and cleanliness of service areas.
- Oversee banquet set-up assignments.
- Ensure inspection of all banquet areas for cleanliness and maintenance on a regular basis.
- Conduct menu classes and line-ups for all functions.
- Supervise the work of banquet management and captains, and observe the performance of hourly service personnel.
- Control and maintain all service equipment. Write service requests as necessary.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.