The Willows and Whitney Place at Medway
Opening Summer 2021!
This 57-acre, 55+ independent living, assisted living and memory care community features a vibrant, full-service, active environment including a variety of residential choices.
The Willows Premier Retirement Community for Active Adults at Medway offers residents gracious and spacious living with a variety of apartment styles and sizes and delicious meals, combined with a wide range of great services and amenities. The maintenance-free lifestyle allows independence, the time to pursue hobbies and interests and make new friends. Choose how and when to participate each day; the options are yours. SALMON Health and Retirement’s Medway campus also features Whitney Place Assisted Living and Memory Care, offering studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments.
Whitney Place Assisted Living and Memory Care at Medway offers residents convenience, gracious living, amenities and both traditional assisted living and memory care through the Tapestry Program, SALMON’s innovative and therapeutic approach. Residents enjoy personal freedom and privacy, their own furnishings and delicious meals along with a regular schedule of interesting things to do. Our friendly staff provides just the right amount of help each person needs. SALMON Health and Retirement’s Medway campus also features The Willows Premier Retirement Community for Active Adults with a variety of apartment styles and sizes as well as cottages.
Description: Oversees all aspects of Operations for Dining Services.
The Director of Dining Services’ responsibilities include:
- Management of all Dining Service Operations and Personnel
- Compliance with all applicable regulatory status.
- Compliance with Beaumont policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Direct, coordinate and supervisor food production and service; train personnel; maintain sanitation; maintain records.
- Oversees the purchase, preparation, and service of all food products.
- Hires, Trains and oversees all Dining Services Personnel.
- Makes frequent inspections of all work, storage, and serving areas to determine that regulations and policy and procedures are followed.
- Ensures all record keeping, including inventory, temperature logs, spread sheets, production sheets, etc. are kept up to date, are properly completed and are in compliance with standards.
- Attends Department Head meetings.
- Participates in menu planning with assistance of the dietitian.
- Plans special event menus for parties, banquets, etc.
- Organize and directs functioning of Dining Service Department.
- Coordinates activities of the Dining Service Department with other departments.
- Ensures all Dining Services Personnel are instructed on safety, emergency preparedness, and Policy Procedure Manual. Supervised and directs orientation of new personnel.
- Schedules hours, assigns duties and evaluates Dining Personnel.
- Prepares departmental objectives, budgets, and in-service program.
- Monitors and budgets cost of departmental operation.
- Determines quality and quantity of food served, food safety and proper food temperatures.
- Interviews salesmen regarding supplies and equipment
- Purchases or directs the purchase of supplies and equipment
- Directs storage of foods and other supplies
- Routinely checks food production and dining service during all meal times.
- Visits residents to determine meal satisfaction
- Inspects department regularly for compliance with sanitary and safety regulations and maintenance of established standards for Department operation.
- Other duties per Executive Director’s request.
Responsibility and Authority:
- Resident Satisfaction
- Employee training and morale
- Sanitation in all areas of Dining Services
- Ordering of all food and supplies
- Quality of food served
- Understanding and Compliance to Dining Diet Manual and Policy and Procedure Manual
- Works with facility Registered Dietitian to ensure Nutritional Services are maintained and care and safety is provided at meal services to Residents with special dietary concerns
- Maintaining interdepartmental communication and cooperation
- Operating within budget
- Food preparation and accuracy of meals/diets served
- Knowledge of local/state/federal regulations for Dining Services
Full & Part-Time Benefits:
- A great place to work with competitive wages
- Full benefits package starting at 30 hours/week
- Life Insurance
- Paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Ongoing, in-house education and advancement opportunities for recertification
- Discounted child care at our on-site early education center
- Generous paid time off with indefinite accrual
- 401(k) plan with company match
- On-campus, reduced cost dining
- Short- and Long-term disability insurance
- Employee referral plan
- Equal Opportunity Employer